Director of CDM with progression to Managing Director due to pending retirement required to join a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy. To lead business unit strategy, development, financial and team growth whilst acting as an ambassador for the company.
Apply on Partner Site
Board and Strategic
* Represent the Company as a registered Director, as part of the Board of Directors, to take part in Board and Management meetings, ensuring that strategic industry knowledge is regularly shared with them.
* Strategically develop & manage the CDM and Health & Safety Team, with overall responsibility for service delivery, personnel, budgets, targets & resource.
* Responsibility to grow the client base of the CDM and Health & Safety Team, meeting and exceeding agreed targets for new business generation and profitability.
* Act as key ambassador for all Company services, commit to developing relationships with potential new clients, securing new projects & client base, and working with other Directors to develop new services, grow and diversify the client base and income generation across all company departments.
Oversee the CDM and Health and Safety Team with overall responsibility for:
* Managing delivery of Client projects.
* Managing workload and workflow.
* Meeting demanding deadlines.
* Project costing.
* CDM and Health & Safety Team financial planning & cashflow forecasting.
* Preparing and issuing fee proposals.
* Developing, maintaining and improving quality management procedures, ensuring that all services are delivered consistently and to the highest quality possible.
* Providing mentoring and guidance to team members.
* Work with the whole team to identify and generate new business opportunities with existing and potential clients.
* Act as Principal Designer/CDM support advisor as appropriate on behalf of the company for appropriate projects.
* Attend and co-ordinate Design and Project Meetings.
* Visit live construction sites to carry out relevant duties.
* Previous experience of senior / team management.
* Suitable previous experience of acting as Principal Designer.
* Excellent understanding of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015.
* Thorough understanding of associated legislation including the Health & Safety at Work Act and Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations.
* The successful applicant will have an excellent knowledge of the physical built environment and construction processes with significant experience of working in the construction industry.
* Current membership of the Association for Project Safety with minimum CMaPS.
* Existing Health & Safety qualification: preferably NEBOSH Diploma and/or NEBOSH Construction Certificate
* Relevant qualification (MSc, BEng, BSc, or equivalent) and membership of other relevant professional bodies (RIBA, MAPM, MCIOB, MRICS, MIStructE, MICE etc) is preferred.
A full clean UK driving license is essential as the position requires extensive travel in the UK.
The company is offering £70k - £80k + benefits which include: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension scheme and private company medical scheme
Or check similar jobs