Role can be remote or hybrid.
Apply on Partner Site
Propel was established in 1996 to provide flexible and accessible finance to SMEs across the country. Now, more than 26 years on, Propel has grown to become one of the UK's largest independent finance houses, helping more than 45,000 businesses to access finance to purchase business-critical equipment and vehicles quickly and easily.
We are an award-winning and progressive business, and with one eye on the future, no two days will be the same, no matter what your role. Customers are at the heart of everything we do, and it is the way that we do business, and the technology we deploy to support customers which keeps them coming back to us
As a Senior Underwriter, you will evaluate, analyse, and approve credit proposals and revisions to underwrite structured finance deals and maintain the portfolio through a consistent level of credit risk assessment and ensure adherence to all policies and procedures. You will have Credit Underwriter coverage across all core channels including Broker / Intermediary, Partnerships (i.e. Barclays / Azets), Vendor and Retail. There will be a particular focus on our growing Broker offering, acting as a lead analyst on this exciting venture to support relationships and repeat business building a sustainable portfolio.
· Conduct detailed Credit Reviews and make decisions up to a sole delegated mandate of £250k on hard and soft Assets, plus write recommendations to the Head of Credit and CEO on larger transactions up to a £3m deal size
· Undertake ad hoc analysis to help shape Credit Appetite and Policy
· Document and decision deals within own personal credit underwriting mandate, with clear rationale so that a third party can understand the logic behind the decision
· Make recommendations with supporting substantiated rationale on deals outside of own personal credit underwriting mandate
· Effective Stakeholder management and communication with Sales stakeholders - ensuring SLAs for deal decisions are managed
· Assist with the ongoing monitoring of the existing portfolio by periodic reviews of existing larger exposures as defined by Credit Policy
· Act as a point of contact for reviewing potential fraudulent proposals and where necessary liaise with other funders and CIFAS
Essential Role Requirements
Experienced in underwriting Asset Finance - Hard and Soft Asset and Broker introduced
Financial analysis and credit report writing skills
Ability to use Credit Sanctioning decision systems
Have held a personal mandate of £150k
Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
A proven problem solver with the ability to think around a subject, considering risk implications
Analytical - someone able to draw findings and make recommendations based on information
Ability to build rapport with Sales and Introducers to encourage repeat business
Effective and efficient decision maker
Or check similar jobs