Mech Tech Professionals are actively recruiting for an Electrical Engineer for our established Electrical Contract client in South Wales.
Apply on Partner Site
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Electrical Engineer will be involved with designing, costing, developing, and maintaining electrical projects. You will need to be a strong communicator capable of communicating your ideas clearly and in detail to a wide range of colleagues and customers, some of whom may not have a full understanding of the project specifications. You’ll need to ensure you are consistently updating your skills and you will need to maintain a working knowledge of up-to-date regulations and advancing technologies and developments within the industry.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Estimate costs and timescales
* Maintain a working budget for each project
* Attend on site and/ or management meetings
* Design testing schedules, perform tests, read results, and report on the test data
* Prepare project documentation including site and handover files, write reports, and give presentations when required
* Oversee inspection and maintenance programmes
* Ensure projects meet safety regulations
* Produce clear and practical designs and solutions
* Assist with development and recruitment of the team, ensuring the highest of standards are met with a high calibre of site operatives, maintaining motivation
* Fully identify and recognise customer requirements
* Liaise clearly and effectively with colleagues, contractors, and customers
* Consistent monitoring and updating of ongoing projects
* Accountability for final checking and quality of finished works
* Be thorough and pay attention to detail
* Maintain an analytical and problem-solving approach to work
* Remain organised and plan efficiently and effectively
* Consistent flexibility to adapt to evolving projects
* Commitment to continuing professional development
To be considered for this position, it is essential that you hold the following qualifications, skills and experience:
Accreditation with a professional body, such as IET (highly desirable)
At least a HND or foundation degree must have been achieved
Excellent math’s, science, technology, and IT skills
A comprehensive understanding of electrical and professional regulations
The ability to read and understand design specifications, technical drawings, and test results effectively
Relevant technical knowledge and up to date sector knowledge
Project management and multitasking skills
Strong, clear, communication skills
The ability to analyse complex problems and assess possible solutions with strong decision- making skills
Good budgetary skills
The ability to prioritise and plan effectively
Excellent teamworking and people skills
Leadership and management skills to assist with career progression
Experience working within an electrical contract industry, or in a similar role
Experience of working within the defense and security related or nuclear power industries (desireable)
Due to the nature of the project my client is involved in some have security implications and Defense clients may debar operatives who have a criminal record, are not UK citizens or do not pass security clearance therefore it is essential that any applicants declare these upon application.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary.
* ECIS/JIB employee benefits including private health care and enhanced sick pay
* 28 days holiday per year including bank holidays
* All tools and equipment provided
* Access to company vehicles
Mech Tech Professionals is operating as an Employment Agency.
Once you apply to this job, your application will be reviewed by Mech Tech Professionals. If your application is successful, a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear from us within 7 days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
All candidates registering with Mech Tech Professionals will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position
Or check similar jobs