Intermediate Quantity Surveyor - Main Contracting/Fit Out
Apply on Partner Site
Up to £45,000 + Package
On behalf of our client, ITS Building People (Southampton) are searching for an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to join a dynamic and forward-thinking Main Contractor based in Ringwood. Due to sustained and continuous growth as well as an order book stretching well past 2022 they are looking to add to their Commercial team. The successful Surveyor would be responsible for Design and Build/Refurbishment projects across Commercial and Health Care sectors including new build, refurbishments and extensions up to £2M.
Principal duties of the role include:
Produce draft budgets and site start budgets for each site allocated to the Quantity Surveyor.
Produce quarterly valuations and complete material 'cost to complete' exercises for each site the Quantity Surveyor is responsible for.
Produce sub-contract payments and final accounts, ensuring that the sub-contractor has signed these off.
Produce sub-contract orders, ensuring they are authorised by the authorised representative, together with all necessary documentation to comply with Group Commercial Policy.
Complete on-site measurements and assess payments to contractors.
Attend and contribute to various meetings, such as pre-order meetings, quarterly valuation meetings and project review meetings with senior management, construction team as well as external contractors.
Manage all sub-contract orders on site, meeting sub-contractors as and when required.
Maintain trade specifications.
Price customer extras and liaise with sales department as necessary.
Manage Professional Fees Budget.
Assist with material buying when required.Essential
- Construction/Building related HNC or higher qualification (Or equivalent)
- New build and Fit Out/Refurbishment experience
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form.
- Produce accurate commercial reports.
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office.
- Good time management
- Ability to make decisions within authority.
- Able to read, understand and measure from Working Drawings.If this might be a role that you could be interested in, please submit your CV to us today
Or check similar jobs