Activity Group Co-ordinator (Part-Time, FTC)
Apply on Partner Site
Birmingham, West Midlands
Together we can make a real difference
Belonging to the Royal Voluntary Service community means inspiring volunteers to support the nation’s health and wellbeing. It means tackling the most pressing social issues in a workplace full of opportunities.
Through the gift of voluntary service, our volunteers provide much-needed support for over-stretched public services. They work at scale in the NHS, freeing up staff to dedicate more time to patient care and within communities to give practical help and support to people when they need it.
Our people are a welcoming team of individuals from every background who support one another to be their best. They are also some of the country’s most compassionate and dedicated people who step forward to help make society better connected and more inclusive – where everyone can thrive.
We’re currently looking for an Activity Group Co-ordinator to join us on a part-time basis for a fixed-term contract until the 31st March 2024, working 24 hours per week, across four days.
As an Activity Group Co-ordinator, you will facilitate the delivery of activity and support groups for people in Birmingham living with dementia and their carers and/or families.
Supporting the Service Manager, you will plan and deliver regular groups across the region and create and deliver a wide range of activities.
You will prepare and set up sessions, processing and supporting new referrals to the groups, as well as seeking feedback from those attendees and adjusting group delivery accordingly.
Your role will also involve:
- Preparing, setting up and closing down each session
- Arranging refreshments and/or meals for the groups
- Performing a range of administrative duties
- Receiving and actioning referrals
- Recruiting, supporting and motivating volunteers
To be considered as an Activity Group Co-ordinator, you will need:
- Knowledge and experience of dementia (personal and/or professional)
- An understanding of the need for client confidentiality
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Good organisation and facilitation skills
- The ability to proficiently use standard IT systems including MS Office, Word, Excel and databases
- A full, valid driving licence and access to a vehicle with business insurance (mileage paid or reimbursed)
Experience in a care or support environment would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of delivering group-based activities. An understanding of the value of group activities for people living with dementia would also be advantageous, as would an understanding of collaborative working.
Why you should join our team
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from the following:
- A salary of £9.50 per hour
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact on people affected by dementia
- Laptop, mobile phone and printer
- Travel expenses reimbursed for all business miles (45p per mile)
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website, 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face sessions built-in
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working
- Access to award-winning e-learning and development
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- A great pension scheme
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- Six weeks’ company sick pay
- 25 days’ holiday (pro rata) plus paid statutory Bank Holidays (pro rata)
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society.
How to apply
If you think you’d succeed as an Activity Group Co-ordinator, please select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The closing date for applications is 19th July 2022.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
This is a part-time role working 24 hours per week, across four days, on a fixed-term contract until the end of March 2024.
Other organisations may call this role Activity Group Officer, Community Activity Officer, Community Activity Co-ordinator, or Charity Activity Group Co-ordinator.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you
Or check similar jobs