Machine Learning Expert (Principal/Senior Associate Level) - London, Manchester or Edinburgh with hybrid working - J12222
Apply on Partner Site
As the UK's broadcast regulator, Ofcom upholds standards on TV and radio. And it makes sure communications companies stick to the rules and treat their customers fairly. To support its work, it carries out world-class research in exciting areas such as technology and consumer behaviour.
Ofcom has recently been appointed as the regulator for the Online Safety regime. These new duties in telecoms security build on Ofcom's existing powers for video-sharing platforms (VSP) and constitute the most significant expansion of its remit since it was formed in 2003. As such, it is building a new Machine Learning team to support its expansion. If you have significant expertise in this field and want to work on ground-breaking, cutting edge projects using the latest technology at this crucial time for Ofcom, then we would like to hear from you.
As an Expert in Machine Learning, you will play a leading role with the Data Innovation Hub to help design and deliver a programme of work that will develop and share fundamental understanding of the algorithms that underpin online services to help meet Ofcom's Online Safety objectives. You will mix an in-depth knowledge of Machine Learning and Deep Learning techniques used in content moderation and/or recommender systems with an ability to communicate this knowledge to various teams at Ofcom. This will inform work throughout the Online Safety programme including transparency reports and platform monitoring.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Expertise in one or more of the following areas:
onatural language understanding
omulti-modal (speech, image, text) classification
ocontent moderation systems
oML and DL auditing techniques
• Knowledge of Python, Scikit learn, Tensorflow or Pytorch
• Applying scientific methods through experimental design, exploratory data analysis and hypothesis testing to reach robust conclusions, including reviewing the work of others
• Acting as a thought leader within the Machine Learning and Deep Learning community, including through development of junior staff and guiding others' projects.
• Exploring and advocating ways of utilising new ML and DL tools and techniques to tackle business and organisational challenges, drawing on the application of, and innovation in online platforms, academia, and other sectors.
• Experience in stakeholder management, with demonstrable ability to build and maintain working relationships with a broad range of people, including industry stakeholders and colleagues across Ofcom.
• Working as part of a team and independently, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability, and supporting a culture of collaboration and trust.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply to Matthew Baylis to arrange an informal discussion.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data®. For more information, visit our website: (url removed)
Or check similar jobs