A leading UK manufacturer are looking for a Process Development Chemist to join their successful team. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of chemical related manufacturing processes, demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and experience in chemical reactivity assessment. If you are ready to delve deep into a new challenge and work with resilience and a positive attitude, apply now.
Apply on Partner Site
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and carrying out laboratory work to support both R&D and plant manufacturing. You will evaluate R&D plant data to identify areas requiring process improvements. This will reduce cycle times and realise cost reduction opportunities, while meeting quality, cost, operability & productivity targets
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Carry out scheduled sampling/analysis to determine and complete the necessary additions in support of the manufacturing process.
* Collate and analyse data ensuring that any change in trends is reported to the manufacturing team leaders.
* Support the transfer of parts and / or processes into mainstream production. Upscaling / industrialising parts and processes developed through the R&D processes.
* Manage the sampling process of the effluent treatment plant ensuring compliance is maintained.
* Carry out all experimental work under the guidance of the appropriate local control systems.
* Continually research, review and recommend new opportunities to improve operational processes and capacity to improve business operating profit.
* Focus on process optimisation to see where we can gain efficiencies within our current processes and infrastructure.
* Define and deliver appropriate training and technical support to staff prior to and during trial manufacture, ensuring processes are established safely and effectively to meet all targets.
* Research and recommend new lab technologies that enable increased efficiencies.
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
* Knowledge of chemical related manufacturing processes
* Experience in FMEA and chemical reactivity assessment.
* Material Science knowledge desirable but not essential
* In depth knowledge of Lab, SHE/ Quality systems, and compliance
* Knowledge of Photo Chemical Machining process technology and / or photolithographic processes desirable but not essential
* Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
* Maths & English GCSE ‘A’ level or above
* Project work experience and proven record of solving problems
* Excellent data interrogation and presentation skills.
* Proven skills in delivering improvements using Lean / Six Sigma methods
* 2+years’ experience in R&D would be desirable
What to expect:
Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:45, Friday 08:00 – 14:00
Competitive salary DOE
Or check similar jobs