Job Title: QA Technician
Apply on Partner Site
Salary: £21,500 + £600 annual twilight allowance
Exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join this well-established brand based in Medway. Purpose of this role is to assure the product leaves site according to its specification.
· To ensure the products are manufactured to the correct specification and report any deviations to both Production & Quality Management
· To conduct & record hourly line checks including metal detection, fail safe, X-ray & average weight.
· To ensure all date codes and labelling of packs and boxes etc. are accurate, readable and according to customer requirements
· To carry out regular line checks to ensure the quality of finished goods is to the specification
· To ensure all products/pallets on hold are correctly managed and treated appropriately
· To maintain the appropriate level of retained samples of daily production in the correct conditions and ensure they are regular checked for quality/defects etc.
· To ensure all the paperwork is completed properly, accurately and on time
· To carry out any other task in connection with the department to support the business needs
· Working within a team to cover all factory and associated areas and cover other team members when absent
· Flexibility to cover different shift patterns as required to cover absence/holiday and overtime as required absence
The successful candidate will have:
· Previous food handling experience within a manufacturing environment
· Intermediate certificate in Food Hygiene
· An understanding of HACCP principles
· Numerate & literate and able to follow instructions
· Basic IT skills
· Ability to work on own initiative individually as well as part of a team
This is a really good role within a fast-paced team, offering long term development and progression.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply online for immediate consideration.
This role is being handled by Holly Ensoll, Business Support Consultant for Pearson Whiffin Recruitment.
Not quite the right role but still looking?
Whether you are entry or Executive level, our team of experienced Recruitment specialists can help you with your career. We are Kent's leading independent consultancy and pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Find us on Facebook @PearsonWhiffinRecruitment and Instagram @PearsonWhiffinRecruitment.
By working with us, you will be helping support charities across Kent; we have raised over £50,000 so far
Or check similar jobs