SHE Advisor – Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
Apply on Partner Site
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 plus Car or Car Allowance
My client is a well-established, long standing Utilities company. They specialise in the construction of oil and gas transmission pipelines and associated network infrastructure. They design and build critical national infrastructure on behalf of UK energy transmission and distribution network owners. Due to expansion they are looking for a SHE Advisor to join their team.
* To support projects in the delivery of the companies Health, Safety and Environmental strategy and ensure managers assume full responsibility for the discharge of responsibilities, associated with their normal activities.
* Provide appropriate Health, Safety and Environmental input into the tender and contract award process
* Act as a single point of contact for advice and expertise on Health & Safety matters to the project teams to ensure the effectiveness of the Construction Phase Plans during the lifecycle of the project.
* Provide environmental & sustainability guidance towards meeting our targets, metrics and net zero drivers.
* Support and undertake when required accident / incident investigations, to establish root causes and communicate learning points to prevent re-occurrence.
* Challenge existing working methods to incorporate Health, Safety and Environmental good practice during both the design & construction phases without compromising business priorities
* Contribute to a safe & secure culture through behaviour-based coaching at all levels within the project, contributing towards Formal Process Safety Assessments where required.
* Liaise with the wider construction industry to ensure that lessons are shared and implemented
* Have an in-depth knowledge & provide expert advice on the CDM regulation requirements for gas projects covering various roles such as Client, Principal Designer & Principal Contractor.
* Provide support & guidance to ensure project representatives are aware of their SHE roles and responsibilities in line with National Grids/Cadent/SGN QMS.
* Provide independent H&S audit capability to the delivery teams for a portfolio of projects through pre-construction & construction phases.
* Provide monthly H&S data & safety stats to line management as needed
* NEBOSH Certificate and considerable relevant construction SHE & Gas industry experience.
* Knowledge & experience of Environmental management requirements.
* Current full UK driving license
* EUSR Cross Country Pipelines / SHEA Gas
* Competitive Salary
* Company benefits package
* Pension Scheme
* Generous leave entitlement
* Car or Car Allowance
If you’re interested in this vacancy, please apply or contact Joy at Orwell Consulting
Or check similar jobs