This is an exciting opportunity for a Regional HGV Driver Trainer to join the South West region. As Regional HGV Driver Trainer
Apply on Partner Site
The Regional HGV Driver is responsible for the skills and capability development of all Class 1 and Class 2 qualified & apprentice drivers. The purpose of this role is to ensure that all HGV drivers are meeting at least the minimum legal & company mandatory required training specific to their job role. Working alongside the transport operation, the HGV Driver Trainer will ensure driver excellence, developing skills and capability levels to continually meet business and customer needs.
Reporting into the Head of External Training you will be responsible for managing and delivering all driver training requirements and meeting our commitment to Driver CPC, under the JAUPT-approved training scheme. As an experienced HGV Driver Trainer, you will be required to support best practice being adopted at all times, in particular in defensive driving, ongoing safe practices, fuel economy and proper use of vehicles and trailers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Overseeing and implementing all training for Nationwide Platforms HGV Drivers
• Implementation and ongoing facilitation of the work-related road risk programme targeted using business KPI’s
• Managing, booking and completing driver inductions and/or assessments as required to meet the business requirements
• Delivery of a minimum of 100 Training Man Days in a full calendar year (face to face, virtual and online). Additional development and stakeholder consultancy days will be agreed and measured
• Ambassador for the company with high integrity, respect for others. A role model for safe working and uncompromising standards, drives QHSE compliance, embeds behavioural safety
• Project manage the completion of CPC training programmes
• Plan and execute Train the Trainer sessions where applicable
• Prepare training with risk assessments for classroom and practical facilities
• Conduct tests/assessments to required standard with accurate, legible completion of all relevant paperwork
• Support the Transport function with investigations and special projects as necessary
• Undertake training courses as requested and work towards relevant qualifications e.g. Assessor
Qualifications, where applicable
The Ideal Regional HGV Trainer Driver will have:
• Must hold C+E Licence and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience
• Good interpersonal skills, able to deal with people at all levels with an engaging and cheerful style
• An open and inquisitive approach to work, prepared to think outside of the box, adaptable and responsive
• Able to deal with ambiguity and change, resilient, strong work ethic
• Extensive experience of a logistics environment, preferably within a plant operation
• IPAF Certification at necessary levels to operate and work with all Nationwide Platforms fleet and equipment
• Well organised with effective self-management and time management skills
• A high standard of literacy & Numeracy
• Comfortable working at height
• Good Microsoft Office skills; Writing PowerPoint presentations and Participant handouts using Word
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Capable of physical aspects of the job including operating machinery/setting up work area
In return you can expect a competitive salary with generous benefits to include:
Competitive Salary, Company Car & Fuel Card, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, BUPA & Westfield health cash plan, Life Assurance, Auto enrolment pension scheme, Lifestyle Benefits – Discount on selected High Street Stores.
Nationwide Platforms is the market-leading powered access rental company in the UK providing a fleet of more than 15,500 machines with working heights from 3m to 90m.
With a depot network spanning 38 depots, Nationwide Platforms provide its customers with leading safe access solutions for working at height. It also has the largest powered access training department in Europe, delivering a comprehensive range of working at height training courses to powered access operators and the wider access industry.
Nationwide Platforms is part of Loxam, Europe’s largest equipment rental company operating in 30 countries
Or check similar jobs