Westlakes Recruit are currently recruiting for a Contract IT Commercial Manager , on a Contract basis which can be based from one 21 site locations including Birmingham, Brighton, Chatham, Edingburgh, Leeds, Ipswich Stratford London with a requirement of 2 days in office and Hybrid 3 days per week
Apply on Partner Site
The Commercial Team is a small team of dedicated and highly competent commercial professionals, performing at an exceptionally high level. That exceptional ability has even been recognized by the Government Commercial Function – we were shortlisted for ‘Best Team’ at the 2020 GCF Awards. There is great team interaction and support for each other, as shown by high scores in our latest People Survey.
Within the IT and Software licensing Category, we are responsible for end-to-end whole lifecycle Category Management for all aspects of Information Technology and Software across the agency – providing commercial expertise to large scale agency-wide projects as well as supporting our operational colleagues with smaller, but nevertheless critical business requirements.
Reporting to the D2 (Grade 7) Senior Commercial Business Partner you will be responsible for leading on commercial activity within the IT and Software Licensing Category as part of the Insolvency Service’s Commercial Team.
We operate a commercial business partnering model; you’ll build relationships and manage internal and external stakeholders across a range of commercial agreements in order to provide support for individual technology contracts.
As our dis-aggregated IT landscape evolves and matures, then the Category Team will adapt to meet the continuing needs of the agency, as the 5 year Business Strategy takes shape and matures.
Our Commercial Business Partners are fundamental to successful delivery, providing the commercial direction to ensure that the agency’s IT contracts and software agreements
are fit for purpose in enabling the agency to deliver its core objectives now and in the future. A key element of the role is buying the services, and having the ability to take the requirement to market and deliver a quality contract.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the following key areas:
• Commercial activity for the category and across the full commercial lifecycle (sourcing, contract, performance and relationship management).
• Act as the Commercial Business Partner for impacting contractual / service changes that affect the Insolvency Service in your area of responsibility and across the SIAM eco-system.
• Risk and Opportunity Management – develop and maintain commercial risk / opportunities log across the service
• Communicating new / changed requirements to the wider Category team and share best practice.
• Support the Senior Commercial Business Partner in handling customer matters and supplier challenges / disputes
• Developing and sustaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders including DTS (internal IT function), BEIS, Cabinet Office, GDS, GCO and CCS.
• Ensuring robust governance and assurance to meet compliance requirements across the Agency, BEIS, Cabinet Office, GDS and HMT and demonstrating adherence to Government Commercial Operating Standards and GCF People Standards.
For more information on this role or to register your interest for future job updates, please get in touch!
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss this role informally.
Why We’re Different:
Westlakes Recruit are a people solutions business that understands the complexities of nuclear and the importance of our clients’ mission critical objectives.
Smarter, faster, more agile – we have a laser focus on nuclear, with deep sectoral knowledge. We develop nuclear talent pools before you know you need them!
We do Nuclear. We only do Nuclear. We do all of Nuclear.
Powering a Diverse Nuclear Future:
As an equal opportunities business, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and abilities.
So, you should be:
• An experienced Buyer from Public Sector sourcing routes (e.g. G-Cloud, Govt Frameworks)
• A confident and experienced commercial professional with proven category management experience, who is flexible and adaptable, able to work autonomously or as part of a team.
• Be able to identify and drive savings and efficiencies and deliver against performance targets.
• Ideally be CIPS qualified (IACCM or specialist degree may be considered as an alternative).
• A strong communicator, able to challenge stakeholders and influence decisions up to Director level.
• A conscientious professional, astute and aware of the context of their work, particularly around risks and opportunities.
• Someone who is willing to share experiences and knowledge with colleagues, to the benefit of the wider commercial team and the agency as a whole.
• Keen to “make a difference” to the agency. Our expertise and advice directly shape the strategy and operating models of the Insolvency Service.
To be successful in this role you must have:
• Strong, demonstrable Buying experience of Public Sector Frameworks – particularly Crown Commercial Service, Government procurement processes and procedures, governance and compliance requirements and operating standards
• Robust evidence of successful delivery across the whole commercial lifecycle from understanding needs and helping stakeholders to develop robust requirements and specifications, buying the appropriate services, through to Exit, Transition and ‘In Live’;
• The skills and ability to deliver a range of Public Sector IT procurements using Digital Marketplace (GCloud) and Framework Call Offs (both direct and further competition) (You should also be able to exercise judgement in selecting appropriate sourcing strategies).
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Recent experience of working within multi-functional teams, providing commercial expertise and appropriate challenge.
• An understanding of commercial management in a SIAM environment.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
Or check similar jobs