Apply on Partner Site
Technical Sales Executive
A well-established engineering company.
As an integral member of the UK Sales Department, the Sales Executive will report directly to the Head of Sales. The role is to proactively support the Sales and Process teams with the coordination of technical sales activities from bid identification, tracking the quote compilation process through to successful order award and handover to the Project Engineering team.
• Proactive identification of enquiries at the early stages of client project approval
• Assess new sales leads and opportunities and evaluate whether the company should pursue them, contacting clients for clarifications and further information
• Develop initial tenders in conjunction with Process and Estimating teams
• Support Sales Managers with tenders and administration as required
• Mentor and train the Sales Administrator
• Manage the completion of pre-qualification applications
• Ensure relevant bid/estimate signoffs are attained in line with procedures
• Check technical documents are in line with procedures
• Work with the Estimating team to expand the supply chain by researching and identifying new suppliers
• General sales and admin duties as required, including occasional ad hoc projects
• Potential client visits and secondment to other departments
• Assist in the development of new admin systems and streamlining of the department
• Participate in Sales and Strategy meetings
• Represent at trade events, dinners, seminars etc
• Develop the website and any other social media/marketing potential, developing new ideas and initiatives.
• Ensure CRM system is current, and all users are inputting accurately and in a timely manner.
• Produce monthly order pipeline reports and other CRM reports as required.
• Coordinate travel logistics and hospitality during client visits
• Provide support and back-up for the Estimating function
1. Previous experience of working in a technical sales / solution engineering environment
2. Demonstrable commercial acumen and tactical thinking
3. Capable of building relationships by phone / email and competent at extracting key information from clients
4. Some experience of negotiation skills
5. Extremely organised with good attention to detail
We operate & advertise as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions
Or check similar jobs