Apply on Partner Site
Head Chef – Up to £45,000 - South East England
Our client is looking for a committed Head Chef to join their growing kitchen team.
What you'll be doing:
* Controlling and directing the food preparation process
* Quality control of all dishes before they leave the kitchen and reach the customer
* Managing and working closely with other Chefs of all levels including rota and holiday entitlement
* Assisting the Group Head Chef in developing dishes, ensuring variety and quality
* Determining food inventory needs, stocking and ordering
* Ultimately responsible for ensuring the kitchen meets all regulations including sanitary and food safety guidelines
* Encourage communication between the kitchen and with front of house staff
* Manage and direct the kitchen team during busy service
* Ensure kitchen staff comply with food handling and sanitation standards, including foods being stored at correct temperatures. Ensuring all food safety records are kept up to date.
* Guiding and directing chefs of all levels, including monitoring hygiene, safety and performance standards
* Ensure dress code standards are adhered to
* Being responsible for health and safety
* Being responsible for food hygiene practices
* Being responsible for food and labour targets, with focus on margin improvements and minimising waste
* Build relationships with suppliers and order accurately based on demand, thus ensuring the highest quality product possible
* Identifying trends and reporting to senior management to further drive sales
* Updating cost of goods per menu item in support of Group Head Chef
* Conduct junior kitchen team reviews, appraisals and development plans
* Managing the monthly kitchen rota
* Implement high standards of health and safety, food safety and allergen procedures at all times
* Lead the kitchen and show willing to help out where necessary to ensure a smooth running operation
* Ensure food is cooked, chilled, stored and documented correctly
* Organise and manage kitchen stock, rotating accordingly to ensure ordering is controlled
* Manage time effectively to ensure sections are ready for service
* Ensure all food preparation and presentation meets restaurant standards
What we're looking for:
* You will have experience of leading a kitchen team. You will be diligent, committed and have a desire to continually improve yourself and the business.
* You will be proactive with a positive attitude, have a flexible approach to work and working hours whilst leading by example.
* A team player with the ability to communicate, motivate, and inspire others with strong interpersonal skills. Your ability to bring creativity and flair into the everyday is imperative.
A mix of the above will be considered – your attitude, effort levels and drive are the main attributes we are looking for. You will be joining a fast-paced, dynamic environment which requires individuals to always be striving for the best/success.
AEJ Consulting Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
AEJ Consulting Limited is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity status
Or check similar jobs