Our client who has been in the marketplace for a long time and is very established, is looking for an estimator to join their business. The company is involved in a range of different sectors and ideally are seeking someone who has experience working with Independent Connections Providers.
Apply on Partner Site
The main duties of the position would include:
Responsible for the preparation of all estimates and tender submissions. This will include providing a cost estimate for work projects as part of the bidding process on large projects along with the development of cost estimates by analysing specialist contractors, plant, materials and labour needed to complete projects.
Previous working estimating experience within the Power or Multi-Utility Industries. However, experience across Utility Related Civil Engineering and Construction projects is also acceptable.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Liaison with the client and their professional representatives.
* Management and issue of appropriate enquiries for specialist subcontract/ material supplies.
* Preparation of analytical estimates for work utilising an appropriate software estimating package.
* Measurement for the production of Bills of Quantities for plan and specification/design build disciplines.
* Provision of costs for contract preliminary items.
* Preparation of detailed information for hand-over to construction phase teams for successful tenders.
* Experience within Multi-Utility Industry including underground services/infrastructure installations
* You must be a strong communicator, (written and verbal), together with high level negotiation and analytical skills
* Ability to work accurately under pressure, multi-tasking, together with the capacity to plan and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines
* Have excellent time management of workflow in order to meet tender deadlines
* The capacity to delegate, when necessary, to achieve productivity and efficiency outcomes is essential
* Have the ability to resource tenders in conjunction with the Planning Team
* Have the ability to work with the Planning and Operations Teams to prepare all tender deliverables and compile for submission
* Have a working knowledge of Commercial Contracts and knowledge of Supply Chain Management
* Customer Service
* Organisation and Planning
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
* A professional qualification in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or similar/ related engineering subject
* Work experience as an Estimator or Assistant Estimator level position
* Must have Commercial Awareness
This can be a hybrid position for the right person. A market leading salary is on offer plus a range of other benefits. To find out more contact us today to hear more about this exciting opportunit
Or check similar jobs