Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain are exclusively working with a major Manufacturer based in Barnsley in the search for an experienced Manufacturing Buyer. My client is market leader currently operating at a turnover of c£20 million.
Apply on Partner Site
My client is looking for an experienced buyer / expeditor to ensure that specialist subcontract materials, goods and services are purchased within required timescales, specifications and cost combined with carrying out expediting duties relating to the company purchase orders. This role will require excellent communication skills in order to develop strong working relationships with customers and internal stakeholders.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Proactively source new suppliers to ensure best value and prices
- Monitor, control and report on suppliers, including expediting to ensure timely deliveries
- Purchasing of subcontract services as well as materials and goods within a fabrication and machining environment
- Carry out expediting duties on specified purchase orders as and when required
- Undertake any reasonable tasks or duties that may be required and/or instructed by the Purchasing Manager, Commercial Manager or any other colleague within reason
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain would be keen to speak with candidates who have the following skills and experiences:
- A minimum two years' buyer experience within the manufacturing / engineering sector
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Highly organised with strong analytical skills
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist division of Elevation Recruitment focusing on engineering, operational and technical positions in Yorkshire and surrounding regions. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you
Or check similar jobs