Howdens Joinery are looking for a Regional Contract Manager to join our busy Contracts Team based in the North West/North East Area.
Apply on Partner Site
As a FTSE 100 business with an ambitious growth agenda, this role offers a confident and engaging Regional Contract Manager an excellent opportunity to identify new contract business opportunities for the social sector targeting social sector related organisations (e.g. Housing Associations, Local Authorities, MOD and Student Accommodation) in order to promote and sell Howdens kitchens, appliances and accessories. You will need to demonstrate a successful background in building/construction direct sales and experience of business development and securing major contracts either in construction or trade related industries.
As you will be the main social sector contact for your area the Howdens reputation sits with you, therefore you must have a passion for delivering excellent customer service and an exceptional talent for building and securing business relationships.
What will I be doing as a Regional Contracts Manager?
- Achieve and surpass sales targets through developing, lapsed, new and current contracts through accurate forecasting
- Ability to identify opportunities and generate leads to increase client base
- Attend meetings and present tenders to potential clients and close through negotiation
- Successfully manage and oversee the end-to-end process for supply only and supply and fit contracts
- To be the first point of contact for queries, concerns and changes by offering practical solutions and a high level of after sales service, as required.
- Liaise with Contracts depots as and when required to meet the service level agreement.
- Management and maintenance of CRM system, ensuring all records are kept up to date.
- Work closely with and support the line manager to achieve commercial and strategic goals.
- Complete monthly report documenting recent and upcoming development and sales activities and results, report to include current industry/competitor activities.
- Understand contractual obligations and communicate well with Howdens legal department and site
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Experience of consistently meeting and surpassing direct sales targets
- Proven experience in business development, ideally in construction or trade
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to deliver within budget and time restraints
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels
- Passionate about customer care and building business through trust and recommendations
- Commercially astute with the ability to identify customers' needs and turn concerns/challenges into a commercial opportunity
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Self-starter who is flexible, approachable and a team player
- Hold a full clean driving license
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary and target related incentives
- Company car, lap-top, mobile
- Bonus (profit related)
- Team incentives and outings
- 25 days holiday, rising to 27 days after 5 years
- Staff discount on Howdens products
- Share awards and prize draws
- Long service awards
Howdens Joinery is a highly successful FTSE 100 organisation with an ambitious growth agenda. Last year our sales reached circa 2.1bn, and we continue to experience significant growth and success. We are the UK's number one trade kitchen supplier providing thousands of products across kitchens, joinery, and hardware. We have over 800 depots throughout the UK and Europe - making us the first choice for more than 460,000 loyal trade professionals.
As well as the opportunity to develop within a high-profile FTSE 100 company, you will be part of a rewarding organisation recognised for excellence in the workplace in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For
Or check similar jobs