Senior Quantity Surveyor
Apply on Partner Site
Civil & Build Contractor
£60,000 + Car Allowance & Package
About the Client
A main contractor who provide a range of specialist construction services for fuel forecourt projects, electrical vehicle (EV) charging installations, public sector projects, as well as retail and commercial projects.
Their extensive experience on varied construction projects means they can provide a service suitable to your unique specifications. Services can include project management, installation, maintenance, servicing, refurbishment, rebranding, design planning and surfacing works.
About the Role
Are you an experienced Senior QS with ambitions of joining and mentoring a growing commercial team?
With this client you will have the opportunity to progress your own career by mentoring and managing the more junior members of commercial staff.
The day to day role will be fast paced and exciting, with multiple fast track retail & forecourt construction schemes running concurrently.
You will report in to the Managing Director and work closely with the senior management team, in a role that will have progression opportunities to the right person.
* Manage Cost Value Reports (CVR) Reviews
* Manage the Tendering and Estimating Process through to completion
* Manager of Project Enquiry (P&E) Log and associate meetings
* Driver of Bid no Bid Process and Meetings
* Driver of Tender Evaluation Meeting
* Responsible for department efficiencies regarding commercial administration and processes
* Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors and contracts team
* Running of schemes (if required)
* Working alongside the Finance Director to produce;
* Monthly Cashflow
* Work in Progress Report (WIP)
* Sales Monitoring
* Responsible for all Commercial Reporting
What You Need to Succeed
A positive and enthusiastic attitude, along with a real passion for construction is the key to success with this role.
You will engage with a diverse client base, including global petrol and oil companies, and prove that you can manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
You will be fully qualified with a BSc Hons in Quantity Surveying, and have 15yrs experience in a Quantity Surveying role.
BSc in Quantity Surveying or similar Construction biased degree.
Essential Skills and Experience
* This is a senior role and requires expertise and knowledge gained through several years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor.
* Excellent IT Skills (Microsoft Office)
* Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
* Excellent telephone manner
* Excellent communication skills
* Well organised
* A good problem solver
* Ability to manage a small team, assigning departmental responsibilities, conducting performance reviews and performance improvement processes.
* Holder of a full valid UK driving licence
* Previous experience of job costing software such as e-Valuate
It is expected that this position will interact with all members of staff at all levels, clients and suppliers and sub-contractors.
What You’ll get in Return
Contractual Hours: 40hrs per week with discretionary early finish each Friday
Annual Holidays 28 days including bank holidays
One day per year additional accrued holiday up to a maximum of five days
Buy and sell annual holiday (terms and conditions apply)
Health Cash Plan
Death in Service Insurance
Cycle to Work Scheme
Free Tea/Coffee/Soft Drinks
Or check similar jobs