Apply on Partner Site
Job type – Permanent, Full Time
Salary – £20,710 - 26,560 per annum, depending on Qualification
Hours - 35 (plus 5 hours paid lunch breaks)
We are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives, building stronger communities and reducing crime. Last year alone we helped support, house, educate, advise and speak out for 38,000 disadvantaged young people and adults - and you could now help us make an even bigger impact going forward.
At Nacro we educate, nurture and transform lives - would you like to join an outstanding team of professionals who make a positive impact on society? We achieve this by offering a range of vocational and academic learning routes to create independent, socially inclusive and economically active citizens to lead meaningful and prosperous lives.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within one of our Education Centres. We are in search of an Employability Teacher to join our team in Leeds on a Permanent basis.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Planning, delivery and course management the Employability, Enrichment and Pastoral curriculum as part the Study Programme within the centre, developing and sharing best practice across Nacro education
· Deliver outstanding teaching and learning on Nacro’s programmes to a wide range of learners including predominantly those learners on Study Programme’s
· Conduct initial assessments for all learners enrolled onto Nacro Education programmes ensuring the needs of learners are met and learners are enrolled onto the correct programme of study to support achievement and progression and build on prior attainment
· Assist in the delivery of all accredited and non-accredited qualifications and support the practical and theoretical elements of the courses offered through the Study Programme
· Actively engage and motivate learners in decisions that affect them whilst supporting the delivery of tailored programmes that cater for the specific needs, interests and abilities of each individual learner
· Assist in supporting learners to find and attend suitable external work experience placements and employer engagement activities
· Have a good understanding of all learners’ needs, including LDD/SEND and supportive strategies that are included in the group profile and initial assessment
· Design, plan and deliver the curriculum in line with the Education Inspection framework (EIF), awarding body standards and Nacro curriculum guidance and quality standards
· Work closely with external partners and referrers to ensure learners are referred onto the programme of study that meets their needs and future aspirations
· Develop appropriate learning resources, facilities, and environment to support high quality teaching and learning, prepare learners for the world of work/further study, and contribute to wider good practice in team/directorate
Who we are looking for?
· Level 2 English and Maths
· Teaching qualification DET equivalent or working towards or above
· Industry experience/exposure
· IQA/Assessor qualification Desirable
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications held.
A DBS check will be required for this role
Or check similar jobs