IT Service Desk – 3rd Line Engineer
Apply on Partner Site
Reports To: 3rd Line Team Leader
Location: Eccles & Leicester
Hours of Work: Mon-Fri 8 am-6 pm (7.5 days flexible)
Salary: £35-45k per annum
The IT Service Desk is the single point of contact for all IT services, requests, and incidents. The IT Service Desk is a busy, dynamic, fast-paced team, servicing the businesses and over 250 colleagues.
As a member of the 3rd Line Team, you will be responsible for building, managing, and maintaining the company infrastructure. The role of the IT Support team is to ensure that our colleagues have the technology they need to do their roles to achieve our business objectives.
We are looking for customer focussed stars to join our IT department to support our colleagues both in the office and remotely across the UK.
This role would suit an IT graduate or someone looking for their next role in IT having 3 years’ experience in a similar role with certifications such as ITIL and preferably certifications in one or more of the specialist areas listed below.
Include but not limited to:
• 3rd line support of technology related Incidents within agreed SLA's
• ISO27001 compliance monitoring and proactive / reactive management of issues
• Resolution of escalated colleague service requests or incidents as assigned within SLA
• Protecting against and managing risks related to the use, storage and transmission of data and information systems.
• Implementing and operating a framework of controls and management strategies to promote compliance with personal data legislation.
• Conducting regular checks to discover, evaluate and mitigate new or unknown security vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
• Perform systems administration activities such as system backups & recovery, performance tuning and data management
• Monitoring and reviewing quality of service delivered
• Testing the effectiveness of security controls by emulating the tools and techniques of likely attackers.
• Identifying and classifying security vulnerabilities in networks, systems and applications and mitigating or eliminating their impact.
• Planning, implementing, and optimising the technologies and processes used for data storage.
• Installing, managing, controlling, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure systems software, to meet operational needs and service levels.
• Installing and testing, or decommissioning and removing, systems or system components.
• Recovering and investigating material found in digital devices.
• Liaising with 3rd party Suppliers
• You will be required to travel to other offices as and when required.
• At least 2 years’ experience in one or more of the specialist areas listed below
• Recognised and current certification in one or more of the specialist areas listed below
• Enthusiastic to deliver the best customer service putting your colleagues at the heart of everything you do
• Good communicator on the telephone, through email, and face to face
• Proven organisational skills
• Diligent, attention to detail
• Great team player with the ability to act on your own initiative when required
• Ability and desire to learn about the systems we support
• Ability to prioritise your own work loads and manage expectations
Technologies & Specialisms
Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following specialisms is preferred.
• Microsoft Based Technologies
o Windows Platforms – Windows 10, Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019
o Active Directory, Power Shell
o One Drive for Business
o Intune Endpoint Manager
o Cloud based technologies (Azure)
o Hyper V
• Network & Security
o Cisco Meraki Firewalls, Switch and APs
o VPN, RDP
o eSet and Mimecast Email Security
o Mobile Device Security
o VOIP / SwyxIt
o MS Teams
o Mobile devices – Android, iOS, phones and tablets
Don’t delay in applying
Or check similar jobs