Our client, a growing manufacturing company based in Norwich, are currently seeking an experienced Welder / Fabricator to join their team.
Apply on Partner Site
This exciting opportunity, is a full time, permanent position, working the following hours:
Monday – Thursday: 08:00 – 16:30
Friday: 08:00 – 14:30
The ideal candidate will have previous thin plate stainless steel experience and would have previously worked to high tolerances within sheet metal.
Although this post is for an initial temporary period of 12 weeks, there is a strong chance, for the right candidate, the role could move into something more permanent moving forward.
As the Fabricator / Welder, you will report directly to the Production Team Leader, and be responsible for fabrication of products to specific targets, achieving output to meet the KPIs; work in support of lean process & continual change in line with the future company vision to achieve and maintain Iso 90001 and any other business needs.
* Plan, lay out, fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal parts as required, equipment, and products, utilising knowledge of working characteristics of metallic and non-metallic materials, machining, and layout techniques, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment.
* Read and interpret drawings, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
* Select gauge and type of sheet metal, or box sections required as per drawing.
* Lay out and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, using scribers, dividers, squares, and rules, applying knowledge of shop mathematics or templates and jigs to develop and build or form products as per work drawing.
* Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as, break press, band saw, de-burr machines, other machinery like Welding kit and Laser machine for cutting of sheet metals.
* Shape metal material using hand tools and or fly press machinery.
* Trim, file, grind, de-bur, buff, and smooth surfaces, using hand tools and portable power tools.
* Use Welding equipment, or other methods to bond or to assemble component parts, using hand tools, power tools, and equipment.
* Installs assemblies in supportive framework according to Drawings, using hand tools, power tools, and lifting and handling and devices.
* Inspect / assemblies using measuring instruments / tools, such as callipers, scales, dial indicators, gauges, and micrometres as and when required.
* Repairs and maintains sheet metal products.
* May operate computer-controlled programs or equipment to produce product or components.
As the Fabricator / Welder, you will work within the Iso 9001 standard and maintaining the quality standard and ensure sourced materials are to specification and are fit for purpose before being used for product.
You will be required to follow and be compliant with our client’s well-established policies & procedures such as working as a team towards continuous Improvement, attend lean manufacturing workshops / training sessions; ensure you work within the company vision to improve the efficiencies.
KPIs & Performance
* Observe the daily targets and meet the output as required, produce product to drawing utilising materials and machinery to its best value.
Our client offers a target dependent bonus (targets are set every 4 weeks).
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd
Or check similar jobs