Blackstone Recruitment are working with an NHS Trust who are recruiting for Band 7/8a Pharmacists in Stoke on Trent.
Apply on Partner Site
This is a Locum role to start ASAP for 6 months minimum (Training provided)
Hospital pharmacy experience is desirable; however, applications from any sector are welcome, training will be provided.
* You will be working for a Trust that provides acute and specialist healthcare within a hospital in Bristol
* Duties will include general medicine/care of the elderly ward work
* Dispensary based duties included
* To provide clinical pharmacy advice for allocated wards / teams
* Reconcile medicines at transfer of care, provide specialised medicines optimisation support including evidence based prescribing information, advice, and guidance to ensure effective, appropriate, cost-effective, and safe prescribing.
* Regular clinical review of all patients following admission of patients to the post-holder’s allocated wards/units, ensuring patients are prescribed safe and effective medication
* Responsibility for ensuring compliance of wards/units with MPFT Medicines Management Policies and Procedures.
* Ensure accurate and timely transfer of care upon discharge
* To provide professional and legal supervision in the dispensary and support the work of the dispensary; clinically checking prescriptions, dispensing and accuracy checking inpatient and outpatient prescriptions, as required by the Pharmacy Service Lead
* To provide pharmaceutical advice to patients and staff of the Trust in the dispensary, on wards and by telephone as part of the pharmacy service.
* To liaise with medical and nursing staff in the provision of the Pharmaceutical Service to the Trust
* Endorsing of charts according to Trust procedures.
* Answer medicine‐related enquiries from medical, nursing, other healthcare teams
* To comply with the legal and other requirements related to the purchase, supply, use, safe custody, and destruction of drugs within the pharmacy and in all other areas of the hospital
* To participate in the systems to measure clinical pharmacy input and provide such information on request.
* Promoting the safer use of medicines through identification, reporting and investigation of medicines related incidents and sharing the learning from incidents with the wider team
* To investigate pharmaceutical problems arising from use of medicinal products and to participate in and encourage medical staff in incident reporting and Yellow Card completion.
* To support and advise all prescribers within the pharmacist’s areas of competence
* To work closely with and support the work of other pharmacy staff within the pharmacy service to ensure effective team working
* Providing support in relation to education and training in relation to medicines management.
* Supervising pharmacy technicians and trainees, Participating in Clinical audit where appropriate to aid shared learning and improvement
* Band 7/8a
* £27 to £34 per hour
* Working Hours: 37.5 hours a week
* Payment Method: Umbrella/PAYE
* Contract Type: Locum
* Contract Length: Minimum of 6 months with opportunity of extension
* Member of the General Pharmaceutical Council
* Right to Work in the UK
* Master’s degree in pharmacy (MPharm)
For further information on this role, please contact Ashraf at Blackstone Recruitment on the details provided or APPLY now.
Blackstone Recruitment is a workforce solutions provider and approved national framework agency for clinical and healthcare staffing. Our specialist divisions cover Healthcare, Mental Health, Social Care and Education. Blackstone Recruitment is a supplier of choice to NHS trusts, local authorities, and private organisations. Our combined experience enables us to deliver qualified, compliant, and experienced candidates to our clients across the UK and overseas. Contact us today to find out more on how we can help you
Or check similar jobs