Job Title: Finance and Billing Assistant
Apply on Partner Site
Salary: From £17,250 - £20,000
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
CRA Consulting are recruiting on behalf of one of our reputable clients within Sheffield. Our client is looking to bring on board a Finance and Billing Assistant to complement their existing team. Our client is looking for a driven and ambitious candidate. The successful applicant would play a key role in developing the department onward into the future.
About the business:
A great opportunity to work for a company with a strong reputation. Already boasting a strong, close-knit team, which is going from strength to strength. A full-time position has become available within the Accounts department to assist with the day-to-day accounts.
This role could be a perfect entry level role for either a Law graduate or finance graduate. Full training will be provided and there is plenty of opportunity for different channels of progression.
If successful, your responsibilities will include:
Administering the disbursement process including:
* Managing an effective system of collating invoices and fee notes
* Processing disbursements to the purchase ledger
* Processing the relevant claims from the Legal Aid Agency
* Addressing any enquiries from fee earners or support staff
* Assisting the finance team with arranging timely and accurate payment to providers
* Monthly credit control analysis
* Processing the monthly billing cycle for Local Authority work including:
* Raising bills on the case management system
* Working accurately to the specific billing process for each local authority
* Reconciling disbursement invoices to the remittance on the purchase ledger
* Processing monthly interim bills, Public Law Outline bills and payments on account
* Administering completed files for billing promptly and accurately, including:
* Chasing completion of the pre-billing checklist tasks
* Sourcing any missing documents or information
* Updating internal systems to confirm readiness for billing
* Processing of staff expense claims, ensuring matter ledgers are updated before sending for payment.
* General administrative assistance, including filing, copying, scanning documents where required.
* Compliance with the firm's policies and procedures e.g. Health & Safety, Data Protection
* Ensuring that all work carried out meets or exceeds the requirements of the LAA's Standard Contract, the SRA Code of Conduct, SRA Accounts Rules and meets Quality Mark standards
* Recording all work carried out accurately and appropriately on the firm's computerised time recording, Case
* Management System, Compliance Caddy and HR system.
* Participating in the Reception rota and general office admin activities when required.
To apply, you will be required to meet the following criteria:
* Comprehensive written and oral communication skills are essential
* Excellent organisational skills
* Time management skills and the ability to prioritise a work load are necessary
* Ability to work on own initiative and in a team environment is essential
How to apply:
If this vacancy interests you, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Adam Perry who is managing this vacancy, call (phone number removed) for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at (url removed)/jobs
Or check similar jobs