Our client is an international Security and Defence contractor with strong ties to the UK Government. We have a requirement for an Maintenance Electrician based from Farnborough, Hampshire. The site includes various test facilities used primarily by major International aircraft manufacturing companies for testing scale models of commercial aircraft. This role will provide Electrical support to this facility, carrying out planned, reactive and installation work on systems including power electronics, large LV and HV electrical machines and PLC systems. This would suit a candidate with industrial electrical experience.
Apply on Partner Site
* Carry out planned and reactive Electrical maintenance on systems including power electronics, large LV and HV electrical machines and PLC systems.
* Carry out electrical installation work.
* Support customer trials.
* Fault finding and diagnosis of electrical systems.
* Preparation & maintenance of documentation for electrical systems.
* Operate Facility plant equipment (appropriate training will be provided).
* Portable appliance testing.
* May be required to carry out other secondary roles. E.g. Building Incident Officer, etc.
Experience & Qualifications
* Completion of a recognized Apprenticeship, Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Installation Buildings & Structures) (or equivalent) or higher.
* Possess a good working knowledge of Industrial Electrical plant equipment; its operation and maintenance.
* Basic knowledge of electric motors, their control & operation methods.
* A strong and demonstrated ability to work 'hands-on' from first principles to safely diagnose electrical issues and implement prompt, effective and safe repair schemes.
* Ability to follow safe systems of work and standing instructions.
* Ability to interpret Electrical drawings.
* Be literate with the operation of computers and common software packages, in particular basic operating knowledge of Microsoft office Word and Excel (training could be provided).
* Capable of working at heights and in enclosed spaces & on occasions outside.
Advantageous, but not required (as training can be provided):
* Knowledge of Electrical working regulations. If not already achieved BS7671 18th Edition then training will be provided.
* Detailed knowledge of electric motors, and their control & operation methods.
* Some knowledge and experience of PLC maintenance and operation.
* Ability to use Electrical drawing packages such as Autocad electrical / Solidworks electrical.
* Knowledge of maintenance principles.
* Knowledge and experience of planned maintenance systems.
This role includes standard and shift working hours, depending on client requirements. Standard hours are 37 per week.
Hours when not on shift: Mon-Thurs: 08:30 to 17:00. Fri: 08:30 to 16:30.
Hours when on shift: Mon-Thurs: 6:00-14:30 or 14:00-22:30. Fri: 6:00-14:30 or 13:30-22:00
Or check similar jobs