We believe children are generally best looked after within their families. When this is not possible, we do everything we can to limit the child’s sense of loss and separation. Our core beliefs are that every child deserves to feel loved, nurtured and fulfilled. We are seeking committed staff who can see past a child’s behaviour, providing children with resilience, warmth and understanding.
Apply on Partner Site
Residential care is not the last option, it should be considered the first for some children. Each of our homes provides a stable and consistent base. We do this through having a permanent staff team, not using agency staff and developing ourselves to create the best team we can be. You could be part of this.
Why Should you Work for Us?
Parkview Care has an extensive range of benefits for our staff, which include:
* £1000 welcome bonus
* Meals subsidised on shift
* Salary - £11.50 per hour.
* Sleep in shifts- £60 per sleep-in
* 28 days annual leave.
* Pension Scheme.
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Comprehensive Induction
* High Quality training designed to develop and inform practice, to include Level 3 and Level 5 qualifications
* Access to Perkbox (free phone insurance, discounts at the cinema and much more)
* 24/7 Employee Assistance and Counselling through Health Assured
* Long service award
* Staff referral scheme
* Employee Recognition and Award Ceremony
* Paid DBS
Requirements of a Team Leader
* Have experience working in a children’s home or care setting.
* Ability to lead and coordinate staff
* Ability to relate to children within and outside practical care skills the establishment in a tactful way.
* Ability to work on a rota system including sleep-ins, early, days, evenings, bank holidays and weekend working.
* To have a flexible approach to working hours, to ensure the needs of the home and its children, colleagues, and organisation are met
* Ability to physically intervene if a child’s behaviour is dangerous to themselves or others.
* A full driving licence is required.
* To hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare, or equivalent, is a requirement for this role.
* Previous experience of working with young people would be desirable.
Responsibilities of a Team Leader
* Ensure children are safeguarded and their views and wishes heard
* Motivate and engage young people in group activities.
* Ability to build strong relationships with the young people in our care.
* Ability to facilitate the young person’s recreational needs, daily independent living skills and to promote their emotional wellbeing.
* Maintain written records, write reports and keep cash records.
Parkview Care are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care.
Due to the nature of this position, Parkview Care can only consider applicants aged 21 years and above, this is an occupational requirement and therefore is exempt from schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010
Or check similar jobs