We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer for this exciting opportunity in a Company that design and manufacture battery-powered data logging, meter reading and pressure control products for the utilities sector. The products and solutions use the latest technologies and innovation to facilitate efficient management of water and gas networks.
Apply on Partner Site
To support our clients growing business we are looking to recruit a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who is keen to succeed in a technical support role to join the team. The primary objective is to concentrate on growing the UK Gas sales business.
Technical Support Engineer – Candidate requirements
* Proven experience in a technical support or technical sales role is an advantage.
* A relevant qualification either HND or Degree in a relevant discipline e.g. any Engineering discipline or Electronics or IT – desirable, but not essential.
* Outstanding client facing skills as you will be required to train client engineers about company products and installation processes.
* Excellent communication skills - both written, verbal and presentation skills.
* A full UK driving licence.
* Candidates from the UK Gas Distribution, Oil & Gas, and Engineering or Petrochemical sectors are of particular interest.
* Candidates with a strong technical/engineering background are preferred, as the role requires a solid understanding of telemetry control relating to pressure management and fluid dynamics. Some sales experience is useful but as the role is more about providing technical support to existing clients this is not truly essential.
Technical Support Engineer - Role overview
* There are five distribution networks throughout the UK, which are owned by the clients Cadent, Northern Gas Networks, SGN and Wales & West Utilities. In addition, opportunities to travel to Ireland & Northern Ireland.
* You will be offering after-sales technical support to these clients as and when required
* Managing and interpreting client requirements
* This will include, on average, 2/3 days a week visiting clients across England, Scotland and Wales
* You will be required to spend on average a day per week at the firm’s HQ in the Midlands
* Supporting marketing by attending trade shows, seminars and conferences
* Making technical presentations
* Meeting regular targets
Technical Support Engineer – Benefits Package
* A starting salary of between £30,000 and £35,000pa
* Fully expensed company vehicle (including a fuel card)
* A competitive bonus scheme of up to 15% related to performance
* Full training will be provided
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this Technical Support Engineer role then please apply today
Or check similar jobs