Senior Scientist – In Vitro Pharmacology
Apply on Partner Site
Competitive Salary (Commensurate with experience) + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Do you have experience running cell-based or biochemical assays for drug discovery?
Would you like to work for an integrated drug discovery company with a unique technology platform?
My client is a well-funded early-stage drug discovery company working to address severe unmet medical needs in immunology and genetically defined disorders. Using their unique biophysical platform enabling studies of intact protein assemblies, they can characterise challenging drug targets, including membrane proteins such as GPCRs and Ion Channels.
Due to continued growth in line with their company vision, they are looking to hire a Senior Scientist – In Vitro Pharmacology. The Senior Scientist – In Vitro Pharmacology will take a key laboratory-based role in the pharmacology division to ensure the ongoing support of drug discovery programmes using cell-based assays and biochemical assays.
The Scientist – In Vitro Pharmacology will work as part of a collaborative team consisting of Pharmacologists, Immunologists and Cell Biologists, working specifically on the development and running of medium throughput in vitro assays to characterise the potency and mechanism of action of novel drug compounds.
To be considered for the Senior Scientist – In Vitro Pharmacology role you will need the following skills and experience;
* PhD in Pharmacology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Applied Biology or Pharmaceutical Science or a related subject.
* Experience working with cell-based or biochemical assays to assess the pharmacology of novel molecules across different protein target classes.
* Ability to independently analyse pharmacology data from functional and/or binding assays
* Experience of working with Ion-Channels, GPCRs or solute carriers would be an advantage
* The ability to learn, implement and troubleshoot new technologies and protocols are key to success in the role
* Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills are a must
Key Words: "Binding assay, Biochemical Assay, Biotechnology, cell biology, Cell-Based Assay, Drug Discovery, Functional Assay, GPCR, Graduate, Immunology, Ion Channel, laboratory, Ligand-binding Assays, Oxford, Oxfordshire, Pharmaceutical, Pharmacologist, Pharmacology, SAR data, Screening Assay"
This is an exceptional chance to work with some of the most respected expert scientists in the industry, from both biotech and big pharma. Additionally, they have a strong focus on individual development, with a culture of inclusivity, collaboration and well-being.
Please apply online or contact Neil Walton at CY Partners
Or check similar jobs