Great opportunity to work as a Transport Clerk for a leading logistics company.
Apply on Partner Site
Staffline is recruiting for Transport Clerks in Manchester.
The rate of pay is £10.50 per hour.
Overtime is available paid at £15.75 per hour.
The right candidates will have the potential for career progression!
You will work rotating shifts, Monday to Friday, the hours of work are:
- 6am to 2pm
- 2pm to 10pm
Your Time at Work
As a Transport Clerk, you will be working in a dynamic transport environment situated in a transport office. Your duties include:
- Coordinating the administration activities that will accompany the movements of products across the United Kingdom
- Providing support on quality processes, system data aspects and general data entry
- Proactive vehicle monitoring, communicating with the terminals and contractors, discussing and improving errors
- Plan, organise and control activities related to transportation
- Completing a full handover and sharing all relevant information
- Answering telephones via distribution direct to answer any store queries and input them onto the online log
- Giving Drivers at the start of their journey their pre-brief
The individual will ensure part of the Store Delivery Service clerical team who provide administration and clerical support to Drivers, Shunters and the Management Team so we can serve our stores and operate safely.
Our Perfect Worker
Our ideal Transport Clerk, will have the following skill base:
- Computer-based systems, Microlise vehicle tracking, Outlook, Excel, Company specific programmes, Tachomaster Driver management systems.
- Telephone communications
- CB Radio communications
- One to one communication with Drivers
- Good command of English language is a necessity
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Experience in the above is preferable but not a necessity as training will be given. Computer use confidence is a must as is a good telephone manner and being calm under pressure.
Interviews will be held immediately.
Key Information and Benefits
- Earn £10.50- £15.75 p/h
- 6am to 2pm + 2pm to 10pm
- Canteen on site
- Free car parking on site
- Full training provided
- Temp to perm opportunity
Job ref: 1XPOTW
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
So you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline
Or check similar jobs