Downham Preparatory School is looking for a qualified, part time Primary School Teacher to join their friendly and supportive team in Norfolk.
Apply on Partner Site
Primary School Teacher
Norfolk, PE34 3HT
Part Time, Permanent
Salary £28,000 (FTE) Negotiable depending on experience
Please Note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Downham Preparatory School and Montessori Nursery is a non-selective Independent Preparatory School for girls and boys aged 3 months to 13 years.
Our dedicated and experienced teachers all share the same goal for the successful education and well-being of our pupils. Every child receives the highest level of care and support, which they need to become emotionally secure and confident. Inspiring teaching creates inquisitive minds, a thirst for knowledge and a love of learning.
Our school motto was carefully chosen to reflect the ethos of the school: Hinc Itur Ad Astra (from here the way leads to the stars)
We are now looking for a part time Primary School Teacher to join our team.
About the Role
At our school we subject-teach. This post is to teach RE and Geography to all classes 1-6.
Your responsibilities will include to:
* Plan and teach well-structured lessons to assigned classes, following the school’s plans, curriculum, and schemes of work
* Assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of assigned pupils, making accurate and productive use of assessment
* Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of pupils
* Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
* Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
* Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
* Participate in arrangements for preparing pupils for external tests
* Maintain good order and discipline among pupils, managing behavior effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
You will be expected to
* Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the school’s policies, practices, and procedures, so as to support the school’s values and vision
* Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school
* Work with others on curriculum and pupil development to secure coordinated outcomes
* Provide cover when necessary
* Promote the safety and wellbeing of pupils
* Take part in the school’s appraisal procedures
* Take part in further training and development in order to improve own teaching
The teacher will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people and follow school policies and the staff code of conduct.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Skills and Experience
* Qualified teacher status
* Successful primary teaching experience
* Knowledge of the National Curriculum
* Knowledge of effective teaching and learning strategies
* Good understanding of how children learn
* Ability to adapt teaching to meet pupils’ needs
* Ability to build effective working relationships with pupils
* Knowledge of guidance and requirements around safeguarding children
* Knowledge of effective behaviour management strategies
* Good ICT skills, particularly using ICT to support learning
* Committed to getting the best outcomes for all pupils and promoting the ethos and values of the school
* High expectations for children’s attainment and progress
* Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively
* Commitment to maintaining confidentiality at all times
* Commitment to safeguarding and equality
How to apply for the Primary School Teacher role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. No agencies please.
Downham Preparatory School is committed to creating a diverse workforce. We’ll consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, religion, belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, age, disability, marriage, or civil partnership.
Other suitable skills and experience includes Teacher, Teaching Assistant, Teaching, Primary Teacher, RE Teacher, Geography Teacher, Education, Supply Teacher, Primary School Teacher, Part Time
Or check similar jobs