Location: The University of Sheffield International College, Sheffield
Apply on Partner Site
Contract Type: Part Time (26.25 hours), Permanent
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
The University of Sheffield International College and its programmes are provided by Study Group in collaboration with the University of Sheffield. We are currently looking for a part-time (0.7 FTE) permanent Biology Tutor to join the team.
In this job, you will deliver our Science provision, teaching groups of international students on our Level 6 programme, both online and face-to-face. Our class sizes are on average around 18 students, and you will be given the autonomy to be innovative and engaging to enhance the learning experience.
* Delivering modules to international students
* Teaching in potentially both classroom and laboratory settings(face-to-face and online)
* Encouraging students to participate in a wide range of self-study activities via the College virtual learning environment (VLE), to develop independent learning
* Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
* Contributing to the preparation of formative and summative assessment materials; marking and providing feedback to students
* Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
* Participating in regular meetings with teaching staff.
The biology module is similar in range/ level to GCE Biology curricula in the UK.
* A Bachelor's degree in a Biological or Medical Science discipline (Essential)
* Teaching qualification (Desirable)
* Experience in teaching an Engineering or Science related discipline at level 3 or above (Essential)
* Assessment marking experience at a minimum of level 3 (Essential)
* Experience in working with international students (Desirable)
* Experience teaching a related discipline such as Chemistry, Project Skills for Biomedical & Life Science (involves statistics and Excel) (Desirable)
* Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
* Ability to work within a Virtual Learning Environment (Essential).
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with over 50 universities around the world, offering over 500 undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. Voted as 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class education to talented students from across the globe.
With a truly global outlook and offices all over the world, our international team uses its expertise, knowledge, and commitment to create opportunities and add value. We are determined to grow and innovate in our field, providing our students and partners with high-quality outcomes across the higher education space.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Or check similar jobs