Do you have an assessor qualification and knowledge of coaching or leadership and management?
Apply on Partner Site
Do you have the skills, knowledge, and experience to support Level 7 Senior Leader Apprenticeship learners through their learning journey?
Are you driven by innovation, collaboration, and excellence?
If so, we would love to speak with you!
* £40,000 Salary
* 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
* Private Health Care
* Remote Working
* East London Head Office
* Full Time
* Start Date – ASAP
Oceanova’s ambition is to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.
The National College of Education (part of the Oceanova Group) is experiencing a period of growth as we continue to challenge the status quo in school leadership development and we are looking to make additions to our existing team.
The National College of Education (NCE) serves over 2,000 current learners, studying leadership programmes at Level 3, all the way up to an Executive MBA Level 7 programme, as well as supporting over 500 alumni. We have supported learners through the most challenging context that schools have faced and have an enviable position within the sector, utilising educational leadership expertise, fused with industry knowledge and apprenticeships, to build exciting and challenging professional development for leaders in the educational sector.
We are looking for innovators, professional rule breakers and pirates to join the NCE in offering exceptional customer service to our learners and be an exceptional colleague as part of our team.
As a Professional Learning Mentor you will be managing a caseload of apprentices by delivering the highest quality teaching, learning and assessment to maximise outcomes for learners and provide the best possible learning experience for them.
* Deliver the highest quality Apprenticeship Standards in Level 7 Senior Leader Apprenticeships
* Deliver teaching and learning and develop the necessary schemes of work and lesson plans to ensure learners have the relevant skills, knowledge and behaviours to meet the requirements of the standard.
* Carry out assessment activities that inspire and challenge all learners, meet their different needs and allow them to develop their skills, knowledge and behaviours.
* Identify any additional support and learning needs quickly to help learners achieve as well as they can.
* Carry out robust and in-depth progress reviews with learners and line managers, at least every 8-12 weeks, including feedback from employers and apprentices and set challenging and appropriate targets to ensure apprentices meet their learning goals, within deadlines.
* Provide regular and constructive feedback to apprentices so that they know what they have to do to achieve their full potential.
* Provide careers information, advice and guidance to allow apprentices to understand the progression routes available to them and take appropriate steps in their career.
* To provide apprentices with support in the development of their English, maths and ICT skills.
* Attend regular standardisation meetings to share best practice, ensure the validity of assessment decisions and that their practices are up to date.
* Attend regular Performance Review Meetings to provide updates on apprentice progress and ensure action plans are in place where learners have fallen behind, in line with at risk processes of NCE
* Assessor qualification
* Internal Quality Assurance qualification (desirable)
* Qualified in maths and English to at least level 2
* Recognised qualification in delivery of Advice & Guidance
* Recognised management qualification at Level 3,4,5 or above
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* At least one years experience in a management role and evidence from CPD that occupational competence has been maintained.
* Experience of delivering coaching and or management apprenticeships.
* Experience of delivering apprenticeship standards.
* Understanding of the apprenticeship funding rules including eligibility
* Experience and understanding of Ofsted inspection regime
* Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication to team members, managers and both internal and external stakeholders
* A commitment to the provision of a high-quality learning experience
* High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency, and rigorous attention to detail
If you would like to be part of the Oceanova Team, please send your CV with a covering letter to Nicola McSharry today!
For more information about the Oceanova Group please visit our Careers page for values, videos, other opportunities and more
Or check similar jobs