Sue Ross Legal are working with an established, multi-site law firm for the recruitment of a Senior Residential Conveyancer/Head of Department (5+ years PQE, no upper limit). This position is based in Sheffield, however, travel to other offices in South Yorkshire will be required.
Apply on Partner Site
The successful candidate will be required to manage the residential conveyancing department, which includes providing supervision and training for other members of the team and marketing the department both inside and outside of the firm.
Duties will include;
* Building and running a caseload of primarily residential conveyancing files
* Dealing with correspondence and telephone queries
* Dealing with clients requiring advice on conveyancing procedures
* Providing written advice to the client, where necessary
* Producing documents and instructions
* Negotiating with other parties
* Submitting interim and final bills on a regular basis
* Providing training to members of the conveyancing team to ensure they are up to date with the law, procedures and best practice
* Attending meetings and training sessions, where relevant to the job holder’s role
* Maintaining diaries, including any team diaries
* Checking and actioning files for review
* Undertaking file reviews for other members of the conveyancing department
* Undertaking all aspects of supervision for the conveyancing team
* Managing own continuing professional development
* Undertaking marketing and business development initiatives to promote the business, and the work of the conveyancing team externally, with the aim of increasing the number of clients of the team and building relationships with external organisations, including referring organisations
* Maintaining CQS accreditation
* Completing panel applications as and when necessary and ensure that all panel memberships are maintained
To be considered for this role, you must have experience of managing and developing a Residential Conveyancing Team in addition to engaging in business development opportunities and will have a proven track record of increasing revenue and profitability.
The ideal candidate will also have experience of working in a digital/paperless environment and have the ability to implement and drive forward initiatives to improve efficiency and the client experience.
For more information about the above vacancy or for a confidential chat about our other vacancies throughout Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, the North West and the North East, please send your details to us and one of our dedicated legal consultants will contact you.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment
Or check similar jobs