SUPPORT WORKER & SENIOR SUPPORT WORKERS
Apply on Partner Site
We have openings in our Family Assessment Unit in SHEFFIELD (S3)
If you have experience as a Support Worker, Care Assistant, Nursery Assistant or have worked in the NHS, Health Care or in Social Care this position would be well suited to you.
If you are looking for a change in career, we can offer excellent opportunities and full training would be given!
Recognised for our innovative and high-quality services Progressive Care is a leading National provider of Social Care services for Children & Families, Young People and Adults across South Yorkshire, the East & West Midlands and the North West.
We now have attractive and exciting opportunities for a passionate, ambitious and driven individuals to support in achieving the best possible outcomes for children and their families. Our services are recognised for provide high-quality assessments. Building on this, we are seeking to appoint experienced and motivated Support Workers & Senior Support Workers to support and drive the service forward.
Location: Sheffield (S3)
Job Types: Full-Time, Part-Time (the role involves shift work, including working at night, sleep-ins, weekends and bank holidays)
Salary: [actual banding will depend on training and experience]
* Support Worker up to £10.84 p/hr (£23,674.56pa based on 42hrs p/wk)
* Senior-Support Worker up to £12.09 p/hr (£26,404.56pa based on 42hrs p/wk)
[actual banding will depend on training and experience]
* Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide targeted assessments for families
* Safeguard children and parents through continued assessment, planning and reviews.
* Engage and build professional relationships with families
* Provide daily support and crisis management skills to families
* Support parents to reach their full potential to enable them to care for their child/children
* Be involved in parent-child activities that support healthy attachments and child development
* Work collaboratively with community resources and advocate for Young People where necessary
The right candidate will:
* Having a Level 3 Children & Young Peoples Workforce Diploma is desirable. However, this is not essential as full training will be provided for successful applicants.
* Having experience working with children and their parents is beneficial. However, we welcome applicants that we feel would have the right aptitude, and life skills to work with families
* Have a genuine desire to support others to improve their lives
* Good Literacy and communication skills
* Patience and empathy towards some of the issues and challenges are faced by families
* Able to work flexibly, including bank holidays, evenings and weekends
* Excellent rates [banding depends upon qualifications and experience]
* A comprehensive induction program with constructive/ reflective supervision to ensure thorough understanding of the role
* Continued professional development and full access to an Accredited Training Centre to ensure ongoing and extensive training; resulting in recognised qualifications
* Career progression is a guarantee for the right candidate!!
* An extremely rewarding and fulfilling job role with great variety
* Contributory pension scheme
* Travel expenses & mileage
* Access to Blue Light Card discount scheme
Because of the nature of its work with children and vulnerable adults, Progressive Care uses the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to make checks at an enhanced level on all persons whose work or proposed work will involve regular contact with or working in close proximity to children and vulnerable adults in our care.
Sponsorship is not currently available
For further information, please contact us now at (phone number removed)
Or check similar jobs