Senior UX Designer
Apply on Partner Site
About the Role
We’re on a mission to make buying and selling cars an easy and straightforward process. As a Senior UX Designer, you will be key to enabling this for the millions of consumers and thousands of retailers that use our applications and sites each month. Working day-to-day with developers, user researchers and product managers you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from discovery through to delivery.
Your role will involve taking responsibility for product design within a cross-functional team, continuously improving our experiences and building continuity across web and mobile apps.
You’ll be working with product managers, engineers, and researchers to guide our products through both discovery and iterative delivery tracks, contributing strongly to the full lifecycle of design. This would include running and participating in design workshops and sprints as well as designing, prototyping and testing ideas with your team and in more formal testing environments.
Working alongside the rest of your team you’ll be playing a key part of decision making throughout the product lifecycle: articulating when and where design thinking and design craft are needed and communicating the value of each. You’ll also play a key role in influencing, persuading, and evangelising our design system and user experience design within your product team and the wider design team.
We are a very data-driven company at heart, so while working at pace you’ll have the confidence to make decisions, knowing when to use qualitative or quantitative data and when it’s acceptable to rely on your knowledge and experience. Our work requires us to be flexible so you’ll be able to switch from high level, big picture thinking to the detail of user stories and UI designs.
Our collaborative approach is key to our success, so as part of the broader design team you’ll be learning from and helping others, identifying and implementing improvements to the way we work. We’d want you to give and welcome feedback and critique from other team members and designers to help encourage personal and professional growth. As a Senior Designer, you’ll also help coach and mentor more junior designers or colleagues in other roles.
What We're Looking For
* Experience with end-to-end UX/product design in a commercial environment - including scoping, researching, prototyping and testing.
* Comfortable working closely with developers & testers to bring products to life.
* Experience with user testing/research and using data to define outcomes and measure improvements.
* Experience in interaction design work, sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and visual design. We would be interested in seeing examples of these in your portfolio.
* Appreciation of front-end development technologies
* Good communication & influencing skills, and the ability to synthesise different perspectives.
* Although not a requirement, useful experience includes:
* Experience of working with design systems
* In house/client-side experience
Senior UX Designer Benefits and more
We offer a competitive salary plus private healthcare, 28 days holiday, plus half-day office closures on both Christmas and New Year's Eve, pension and lots of extras that you can personalise to suit your lifestyle.
Our hybrid working model gives you a range of options, including combining office with home working and flexible start and finish times. Find out more about Connected Working here, or speak to a member of our resourcing team
Apply for this Senior UX Designer role today
Or check similar jobs