Company Details & Job Overview:
Apply on Partner Site
Based on the outskirts of Preston, this Multi Academy Trust are in a position to hire an experienced CFO to join the senior leadership team. With a proven track record of adding value to each of the schools under their leadership, they have an interest and responsibility for 6 local entities. Currently in growth the Trust has recently onboarded one of their largest schools based in the local area.
The Trust maintain a focused and dedicated senior leadership team. Overseeing the activities across both primary and secondary education, they are now seeking an experienced and dynamic CFO to enable and facilitate the future direction of the trust. Taking the lead on all financial activity this role will lead on the financial direction and add value to the strategic direction in a varied and interesting role.
Your New Role As Chief Financial Officer:
As Chief Financial Officer you shall manage and co-ordinate the financial requirements and processes across the Trust, and its academies. Responsible for the line management of the finance team, you shall support the ongoing operational development of each school within the Trust. A varied and rewarding position, where no day is the same you shall work closely with the CEO, COO and stakeholders in a true partnering role and one to add value in the strategic direction of each entity and the trust as a whole.
Main role duties:
• Advise the CEO, COO, Trustees and other Trust leaders on all matters relating to financial strategy
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the Trust’s strategy
• Manage and develop Trust’s risk management and track operational financial risks
• Budget and forecasting management across the Trust and associated business units
• Work with stakeholder to prepare budgets and monitor in line with school development plans and the Trust’s strategic objectives
• Develop, implement, monitor and review the Trust’s financial policies and procedures in accordance with the Academies Financial Handbook
• Maintain an effective internal audit procedure for the Trust and its academies
• Manage the external audit procedures for the Trust and its academies, and follow up on any recommendations, leading on implementing audit improvement points.
• Tax and NI arrangements, including ensuring claims for VAT and business rates are submitted
• Manage the Trust’s cash position at all times
• Ensure that any funding changes are reported accordingly
• Complete and submit financial returns as required by the Department for Education
• Prepare and submit the Trust’s financial returns and reports, including annual accounts and monthly management accounts
• Ownership of payroll, pensions and benefits, implementing changes and adapting processes as required
• Manage the central finance team taking responsibility for their professional development and ensuring best practice is observed at all times
• Develop the Trust’s central finance services, ensuring these are fit for purpose and provide a high quality service to individual schools
• Develop effective relationships with the Trust’s stakeholders and partners in order to support its development and operation
Experience & Qualifications Required To Apply:
To be considered for this role you shall be a highly motivated, financially astute finance lead who has a proven track record of adding value in a senior position. Qualified accordingly, you shall have operated in a similar senior position and have the experience to drive the strategic direction of an organisation. A hands-on leader, in the knowledge this role will require the preparation and completion of monthly/yearly accounts you shall have the skills to manage a finance team , whilst leading on process and procedural development in a fast paced environment.
Salary And Reward On Offer:
With a rewarding package on offer and enhanced local gov pension scheme, this role forms a pivotal part of the senior leadership team who pride themselves on providing a quality service and the provision of all the necessary tools for our young learners to succeed in later life. Taking the lead you will have the opportunity to add value to the trust and gain exposure across the organisation in a rewarding, varied role.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham
Or check similar jobs