About the Role
Apply on Partner Site
A qualified tradesperson to lead and supervise a team of fourteen M&E maintenance staff
situated in four workshops, receiving prioritising, organising and allocating planned and reactive
work orders within service level agreements to maintain operation of the University’s
infrastructure, buildings and assets.
Undertakes on the job inspections to assess risk, ensure compliance, quality control, and
completion of work within service level agreement. Ensures safe systems of work followed for
use of tools, equipment, materials, workshop machinery, achieving workshop and plant room
Plans and coordinates out of hours work for the team and maintenance contractors negotiating
access with staff and security.
Contributes to recruitment, induction and training of the team. Monitors attendance
Leads, motivates and promotes good engineering practice and professionalism of the
maintenance team, collaborating across teams within Estates to achieve University objectives.
▪ Direct day to day supervision of mule-discipline M&E Maintenance team
▪ Daily decisions on planning, prioritising, allocation and organising the M&E Maintenance
Team to complete planned and reactive work orders within service legal agreements.
▪ Coordinator emergency responses utilising M&E Maintenance Team and contract
support as necessary.
▪ Inclusion on the University fire incident team and emergency call out rota for out of hours
▪ To monitor attendance, approve leave and support members of the team back to work
from sickness absence. To conduct back to work discussions and any follow up actions.
▪ Ensures safe systems of work are followed for working at height, in confined spaces, for
permits to work, use of tools, equipment, materials and all workshop machinery. Carry
out routine inspections and follow up on necessary corrective actions.
▪ Carry out Career Development and Staff Appraisals for the team to set standards, clarify
expectations and meet objectives, identifying training needs.
▪ Responsible for ensuring personal protective equipment, working at height and confined
space access equipment is provided in good condition and used correctly for work as
necessary. Carry out routine inspections and follow up on necessary corrective actions
Or check similar jobs