Construction Supervisor – South Wales - £35,000 with Bonus and excellent benefits
Apply on Partner Site
Joining Ogi is a unique opportunity to work within an innovative Welsh business and one of the fastest-growing companies in Wales.
For many years, we've been providing mainstream internet and IT services as Spectrum Internet and Net Support UK. We rebranded to Ogi in 2020 to represent our dedication to Welsh communities and received a significant multi-million-pound investment to deliver a large-scale and ambitious rollout of full fibre internet across South Wales.
We are looking for a Construction Supervisor to work in our Central patch and supervise civils, cabling and testing works with a focus on the Fibre build side of things, ensuring that the build is supported and delivered safely, to the specified plan, appropriate technical policies and expected quality standards.
You will be looking after on-site activities for a section of our Fibre to the Home network infrastructure build so experience in a similar area is key.
Ideally we’re looking for someone from a Fibre build or install background. The role will require a high degree of self-motivation, along with the ability to work independently, as you work to support the Project Manager and be the key interface into the ground activities supervising contractors, quality checking and auditing network build.
You should also have the ability to self-direct and prioritise complex and varied workloads with great attention to detail. Other experience we’re looking for includes -
* Experience of delivering Fibre Networks (FTTP/H)
* Understanding and experience of providing Civils solutions
* NRSWA Supervisor/ Contractor Supervision Experience
* Experience in dealing with suppliers, ensuring compliance on delivery, safety and quality
* Experience in Survey and Planning of Fibre Networks
An accreditation in NRWSA Streetworks is essential as well as a current driving licence.
What you’ll be doing…
This role is key to driving fluidity in the works by investigating and overcoming problems, working collaboratively with suppliers and counterparts across the business and the HA inspectors/stewards.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Manage on-site relationships with construction contractor
* Site condition surveys prior to commencement of works and Onsite auditing of the works
* Ensure the works are safe and comply with Ogi’s Health & Safety policies and that signing, lighting and guarding complies with the requirements of the ‘Red Book.’
* Ensure the works present a safe and professional image through high standards of appearance, good housekeeping, upkeep of appropriate PPE and hoardings, vehicles and equipment.
* Ensure the completion tests and commissioning tests are completed in accordance with the specification and delivered to Ogi in a timely manner
* Contractor / Supplier Supervision (including Civils, Cabling and Jointing, Survey, Whereabouts, Customer Site Installs)
* Safety and Quality checks
* NRSWA Street Work Compliance (Noticing, Signing Lighting Guarding, Surface Re-instatement and Repair, Defect Investigation)
* Infrastructure Network Activities Support (Design, Plan, Survey, Build, Problem Resolution, Customer Visits, Handover to Service, Network Audits, Network Records, Delivery Tracking)
* Supplier Support (Field Visits, Depot Visits, Quality Advice, Compliance, Tool-Box Talks)
Please get in touch for a confidential chat, or to see the full job description. If you don't consider yourself as ticking all the requirements but you think you'd be a good fit for us, feel free to message for a chat too.
Or check similar jobs