My client is currently seeking to recruit an experienced ELECTRICAL SERVICE ENGINEER to complement their existing field engineering team and provide cover in Cambridge & surrounding areas, as directed by the Service Administration Manager.
Apply on Partner Site
To provide timely, cost effective solutions for the service of both internal and external customers and be responsible for the service & maintenance of the group's systems and products on client sites.
* Fault finding & diagnostics
* Re-insulation (preparation of materials and assembly) – Ceramic fibres / materials.
* Metalwork fabrication (preparation of simple components)
* Electrical wiring (wiring / re-wiring of products to standard practices)
* Pneumatics / hydraulics.
* Configuration of temperature controllers and recorders.
* Thermocouple replacement.
* Test (final inspection / burn-off / function testing of repaired products).
* Contract inspection and reporting.
* Calibration of digital temperature indicators & workspaces.
* Temperature surveying.
* To work to the health and safety procedures laid down by the company.
* To attend on and off-site training as required to fulfil the role requirements.
* To attend regular meetings at the Hope Valley Office in Derbyshire.
* The position will require some travel, so an ability to accept unsociable hours and/or overnight stays from time to time will be required.
* Occasional travel outside of the UK may be necessary.
* Record keeping and system administration, including:
* Inspection reports
* Rejection reports
* Calibration records
* Quality Management System documents
* Log and prepare test results.
* Work time recording.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Suitable candidates will ideally be from an industrial background in maintenance & commissioning
* Have a minimum of C&G or NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installations
* Ability to read and understand electrical schematics / drawing
* Experience with wiring special purpose machinery.
* Site installation and accreditation to 18th Edition wiring regulations would be advantageous.
* 17th Edition IET regulations minimum
* Previous experience in electrical installation and products would be advantageous.
* Must have a Full UK Driving licence & Passport.
* Computer literate.
* Must be able to work alone and under pressure.
* Must have experience of working on client sites.
* Self motivator with good organisational skills
Or check similar jobs