Apply on Partner Site
We create breakthrough products – in diagnostics, medical devices, nutrition and branded generic pharmaceuticals – that help you, your family and your community lead healthier lives, full of unlimited possibilities. Today, 109,000 of us are working to make a lasting impact on health in the more than 160 countries we serve.
Abbott Legal offers interesting, challenging, and rewarding work that encompasses a diverse portfolio of products – from consumer products to innovative medical technologies. We provide the opportunity to interact with customers and colleagues from around the world. Like the Abbott businesses we support, Abbott Legal is a dynamic organization; and we are committed to developing our employees to meet the evolving needs of the company.
Abbott is regarded as an employer of choice for our commitment to workplace excellence. Our employees are given the tools to succeed, lead and grow, with challenging opportunities and work that makes a difference. Discover a world of opportunities at Abbott.
Our location in Maidenhead currently has an opportunity for a Paralegal to join the team. The Paralegal / Contract Specialist, EMEA will provide legal services and resolve legal matters for France & Benelux, with some support for other parts of EMEA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will be supporting the business to achieve business objectives by communicating advice of the Legal Department and managing legal risks. You will Identify moderately complex legal issues related to assigned matters and help develop alternatives and implements solutions. You will be responsible for providing substantive legal work that requires knowledge of legal concepts including legal analysis, drafting, negotiation, and consulting. The ideal candidate will possess solid knowledge of Abbott’s businesses and knowledge of its broader business impact.
Responsibilities also include:
* Assisting in preparation and negotiation of commercial contracts and agreements with distributors, hospitals, group purchasing organizations, suppliers, governmental entities and health care professionals
* Serving as a primary point of contact for certain contracts for internal customers and external stakeholders
* Negotiating and redlining deviations from standard templates
* Drafting contract language to address unique situations/concerns as requested
* May serve as a central point of contact for certain commercial and supplier contracts for the organization
* Providing assistance in drafting and reviewing other types of commercial and supplier contracts as needed.
* Identify training needs and assist in development and presentation of training and education regarding legal requirements and developments
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
* Bachelor’s Degree and/or relevant legal experience
* Advanced French language skills
* Demonstrated experience/5+ years with and knowledge of standard commercial contracting
* Understands terms and forms of contracts; can draft routine or moderately complex documents for review by supervisors; ability to think critically about the organizations business objectives during contract drafting; able to assist in follow up negotiations on contract and commercial issues
* Previous work experience as a corporate paralegal or related experience with a multinational/Fortune 500 company or law firm
* Expertise in Microsoft Office products and Adobe Acrobat
* Strong process and analytical skills
* Excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities while ensuring timely completion and follow up
* Must be adept at follow up and team work
* Dynamic, proactive and mature
* Self-starter with strong bias for action and attention to detail
* Excellent judgment and discretion with confidential matters
* Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
* Advanced degree or certification in law, paralegal studies, a health care-related field, management information sciences and/or business.
* 2-4 years of commercial legal and/or regulatory experience, and, medical device, pharmaceutical or other health care business experience, and/or hospital/health system experience
Or check similar jobs