Apply on Partner Site
Salary: £29k p/a
Hours: 39 Hours per Week - 10pm-6am - Monday - Thursday, 7pm-12:30am Friday
Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
Have you got an interest/or a background in production/manufacture? Stafflex are currently recruiting on behalf of a client based in Cleckheaton for a Production Operator. You will be inputting raw material into machinery and monitoring the process to ensure a quality product is achieved at output.
The operator role is an important and integral part of the production process. You will need to work as part of a team to ensure the production plan is met for the production line. Through ownership of specific process areas and tasks, you will control and manage relevant aspects of the production process, and raise and resolve issues as they arise. You will also control and introduce raw materials, carry out product changeovers, ensure smooth start up and safe shutdowns of processes and monitor production through the course of the shift.
Diagnosis of issues or opportunities for improvements during the product runs are a key part of the role. You will be working in an individual capacity, but also as a member of the Shift Team to support colleagues in all areas to facilitate excellent performance and meeting plan goals.
- Follow the quality procedures to ensure that products are within specification and quality standards.
- To be competent in following standard operating procedures accurately and to agreed standards
- Highlight and amend any changes which are required to any of the above procedures to ensure that these remain accurate and current.
- To be actively involved in continuously improving the way in which we work using total productive maintenance methodologies.
- Live the safety standard and adhere to safety responsibilities.
- Work safely at all times, in accordance with your training and follow safety standards and procedures which are currently in place.
- Report near misses and incidents as they arise and take appropriate action.
- Ensure that you understand the company's 5S requirements and that your work area is handed over to the next shift in an organised manner which adheres to those standards.
- Ensure that communication between colleagues across all shifts are completed using the daily management system and all other communication tools.
- Effectively communicate with the support team when required to ensure smooth running of production.
- Be flexible to cover rotating roles ensuring that all relevant skills are kept up to date.
- Operate within all situations to meet required company standards.
- Be willing and able to provide training and support for colleagues and visitors as required by the business.
Experience Knowledge and Skills Required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Numerate and literate, able to use Microsoft Office and bespoke systems.
- Analytic and Problem Solving Nature.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Work to agreed standard operating procedures.
- Accurate and with attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable with a constantly changing environment.
- Proactive approach.
All relevant training will be provided. We are looking for switched on individuals who have worked in a manufacturing environment. If you have an eye for detail, this is a great opportunity to get your boots to the ground.
If you are interested and have relevant skills and experience, please apply to the role or call (phone number removed) (Ext.4) and speak to Mulenga at Stafflex Engineering. We look forward to hearing from you
Or check similar jobs