Apply on Partner Site
Do you pioneer? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? Do you want to be part of a newly formed organization that is designing and launching new business models across the world? Do you want to take on the challenge of planning and optimizing a fulfillment network serving millions of shipments across Europe? Would you like to be a part of high-energy team obsessed with solving challenging problems?
If so, AMXL is looking forward hearing from you!
Amazon Extra Large (AMXL) obsesses over customers by offering a white glove service where we deliver TVs, Domestic Appliances and other large items like furniture in customers’ homes. Not only do we deliver large parcels, we unpack, assemble, install and sometimes even do tests, hauling away old items as needed. We are currently in the process of building out a network that is poised for big growth in the coming years. We are building a dedicated network across fulfillment, delivery and services and are adding more specialized fulfillment centres and delivery stations across EU.
EU AMXL Operations team is looking for an outstandingly talented, analytical, driven, EU Transportation Manager. You will play a key role in developing a leadership position for Amazon XL, by managing the long-term relationship between Amazon and our transportation partners. You will also be accountable for dealing with challenging operations issues that will require a deep analysis of our distribution understanding of our network. In this context, you will be dealing on a regular basis with our carriers and internal stakeholders all over Europe. You will also be supporting and designing AMXL delivery experience in countries where Amazon does not yet deliveries Extra Large products.
This is a highly visible position critical to the AMXL's operations and forward capability as we continue the fast-paced growth and scale-up of our delivery network. It is a unique opportunity to work in different logistic environment all over Europe.
Key job responsibilities
* Execute performance management metrics reviews (cost, speed, quality, etc.) for in-home delivery service and derive develop improvement plans from it
* Drives continuous improvement initiatives with carriers, fulfillment centres, customer service and Retail teams to improve customer experience, costs and processes
* Prepare and lead Ops calls, business reviews, workshops with third party Carriers
* Advises Amazon leadership team proactively of critical situations along with the expected impact and mitigation actions planned
* Produce and communicate transport plans/forecasts on a regular basis
* Manages Transportation related escalations
* A recent degree in Business, Economics, Logistics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar field
* Knowledge of Supply Chain / Transportation, preferably in a similar role, within a high-volume logistics, manufacturing or engineering environment
* Excellent customer service skills and commercial understanding
* Ability to drive complex analysis, and making data driven decisions
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
* Organized, self-starter and a quick learner
* Hands-on and ready to roll up sleeves, to dive deep into the business, in a lean organization
* Must be an independent problem solver that can make high quality judgments and decisions quickly with excellent organization skills
* C1+ level of in either Turkish, Italian or French
* Entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently to take ownership
* Experience of SQL
Additional details: This is a 15 months fixed-term contract
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT)
Or check similar jobs