SF Recruitment is currently recruiting for an excellent new role, a full-time, permanent Commodity Manager for one of their key clients based in South Derbyshire. This a key permanent role for the business. Our client offer a great working environment alongside excellent company benefits. You will be expected to work from the office for the first 6 months as a minimum.
Apply on Partner Site
The main focus of this role will be to implement and manage a portfolio of direct and indirect spend categories. You will be responsible for all strategic direction of a group of categories, strategic analysis, running tenders and negotiating contracts.
Day to day duties will include:
- Ensuring all contracts and processes improve efficiency
- Reducing operating costs and increase productivity
- Being responsible for the sourcing of materials and services ensuring to meet business requirements and cost effective
- Ensuring the business meets its various obligations such as sustainability and responsible sourcing
- Developing and obtaining sign off from key stakeholders for purchasing strategy
- Building effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Negotiating prices, contracts, conduct tenders and benchmarking exercises
- Ensuring to formulate, agree and maintain commercial terms and conditions
- Developing category and supplier catalogues
- Project managing the implementation of any agreed strategies
- Conducting regular supplier reviews / audits
- Coordinating continuous improvement projects both internally and with the suppliers
- Working with and managing the data in SAP
This role requires someone who is able to build strong relationships and influence and encourage professional purchasing. It is essential that you have an in-depth understanding, and experience of, of strategic purchasing. In addition, it will be your responsibility to understand the aims and objectives of the department and the business to ensure that projects are delivered effectively and within expectations.
You may be required to travel to Sweden as and when required, this is quite rare and likely to be once a quarter however you must have the flexibility to be able to do so.
The successful candidate for this role, should have:
- Good communication skills
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- High level of self-motivation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good knowledge of the legal aspects of purchasing with the ability to formulate purchasing contracts and SLAs
- Strong negotiation skills
You should also be professional, positive, and dynamic with extensive purchasing knowledge, along with a full driving licence and access to your own transport
Or check similar jobs