Apply on Partner Site
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Deputy Manager who will assist the Home Manager in all aspects of the day to day running of the home, ensuring that our residents are provided with the highest possible standards of care according to their individual needs.
The Deputy Manager will assist in operational and financial aspects of the home also, ensuring the home is compliant with the relevant legislation and standards through continual monitoring and practical support. The Deputy Manager will also stand in for the Home Manager across the whole range of duties in their absence.
The expectations within the role will be achieved by hands on practice and carrying out regular shifts each week. The role also includes working every other weekend and on-call duties.
We are seeking someone who can lead and inspire our dedicated staff team, to ensure we continue to provide outstanding, truly personalised care to our residents. The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Deputy Manager in a similar setting, and must be able to demonstrate good leadership qualities, have a hands-on approach to care, be forward thinking and have a good knowledge of the care standards legislation including Fundamental Standards.
Alongside great rates of pay as well as enhancements and paid breaks, other benefits for this role include:
* Annual pay reviews
* Access to Wagestream
* Free DBS
* Free Employee Assistance Programme
* Hartford Rewards - access to 100’s of discounts including major retail, travel and leisure companies
* 24/7 digital GP service
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Hartford Hero employee recognition & reward scheme
* Young workers (18+) are paid the same as those aged 25+
* Learning, development, apprenticeship and career development opportunities
* Relevant professional qualification – (minimum NVQ/Diploma L3)
* Previous management/supervisory experience within a residential care home setting
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong IT skills
* Good knowledge of CQC Fundamental Standards
* Strong understanding of the principles of Person-Centered Care
* Recent experience and knowledge of dementia care
* Proven ability to lead, supervise, motivate and develop a team of staff
* Robust organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure
* Excellent communication skills with residents, families, stakeholders and other relevant bodies
* Evidence of recent management and administration of medication competency
* A flexible approach to working hours
* NVQ/RMA/Diploma level 5 or equivalent management qualification
* Experience in delivering internal training for staff members
* A sound grasp of business and operational management within a large organisation
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Or check similar jobs