Programmer Setter Operator – Nights
Apply on Partner Site
Location: Poole, BH17 7EF
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are IMI Critical Engineering; we are recruiting and we want you.
We are a global engineering group focused on the precise control and movement of fluids in critical applications.
We work with leading international companies in over 50 countries to deliver innovative engineering solutions to address global trends such as clean energy, energy efficiency, healthcare and increasing automation.
Our Company heritage spans over 150 years during which time we have established a strong international reputation for excellence and innovation.
We operate across three globally recognized divisions: IMI Critical Engineering, IMI Precision Engineering and IMI Hydronic Engineering having £1.9 billion revenue with c11,500 employees worldwide.
Programmer Setter Operator – The role:
The Programmer Setter Operator is responsible for producing components to drawing tolerances within the quality specification within the various industries IMI Thompson Valves operates.
This position requires someone skilled in machining processes to apply a logical approach to achieve production efficiency and targets.
In addition to this you will be responsible for:
* Read engineering drawings and plan method of manufacture.
* Select the correct tooling and holding devices for manufacture.
* Liaise with Production Engineers when specialised tooling is required.
* Produce tooling and method sheets.
* Write CNC programs using machine tool conversational programming.
* Prove the manufacturing method and optimize for production.
* Manufacture to correct drawing specifications.
* Carry out own 1st off inspection.
* Complete feedback tickets of set and run times.
* Complete OEE data sheet.
* Maintain production targets.
* Check and complete the necessary quality documentation.
Our essential criteria for this role are:
* Experience of setting and running CNC Machines
* Experience in conversational programming
* Ability to work as part of a team or work independently
* Communicate issues and manufacturing improvements when they are identified
* Ability to perform the job functions to a high standard under normal working conditions
What We Offer:
* Opportunity to join a diverse, dynamic, and fun global team that likes to challenge the status quo with new ideas and maximum creativity.
* Strong Career progression opportunities.
* A company culture of promotions from within.
* Flexible Benefits purchase (eg. additional annual leave etc.).
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please
Or check similar jobs