Apply on Partner Site
£32,924 plus bonus, generous pension, and overtime availability
An international manufacturer of critical parts to aerospace customers is looking to secure the services of a first-class CNC Turner with ability to take on some manual turning and boring operations.
Working with exotic materials to tight tolerance you will be supported by the manufacturing team after an initial 13-week training & induction period.
It is expected that you will be an Apprenticed Engineer with experience of working within process driven manufacturing environments where quality is paramount, and standards are high.
You will oversee the full machining cycle including visual & dimensional inspection, tooling changes, maintain continuity through documenting actions and communicating actions/irregularities etc.
An overview of the duties and responsibilities will include,
* Load and examine CNC programs to provide an excellent quality of work.
* Load and unload tooling to conduct operations.
* Work to fine tolerances with a range of materials, ensuring work instructions are adhered too.
* Use of measuring equipment including shadowgraph, gauges, verniers.
* Operate one or more CNC machines simultaneously.
* Ensure products are to the correct tolerances and meet customer as well as internal standards and specifications (NADCAP and AS9100)
* Keep equipment operational by completing autonomous maintenance requirements
* Qualification in Engineering.
* Minimum 3 years’ experience within a precision manufacturing environment – preferably within aerospace.
* Proven experience working with exotic materials – Titanium, Jethete, Waspaloy is desirable
* Understanding of Lean principles – 5S.
* Experience of working to production targets.
In return you will work a 37-hour 3-shift system with Friday evenings free and be supported in your continued development with potential for career progression.
06:00 to 13:45 – Monday through Thursday
06:00 to 12:00 – Friday
13:30 to 21:15 – Monday through Thursday
11:45 to 17:45 – Friday
Or check similar jobs