VP Software Engineering
Apply on Partner Site
£80,000 to £100,000 DOE + Holiday + Pension + Stock Options
Excellent opportunity for a Software Engineer and Technical Leader to help drive and influence the vision of an ambitious London based start-up.
On offer is the chance to help build a team and grow an exciting start-up organisation on their journey to revolutionise a $3tn global market, whilst backed by exceptional resources including investors and advisors.
In this role you will personally ship exceptional software and provide technical mentorship and structure so that engineers can also do this. You will work closely with the CEO to plan, prioritise and estimate technical initiatives and product features. 70% of this role will be spent writing code; 30% of your time will be managing.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Software Engineer with experience of React, TypeScript and Next.js. You'll have 4 years' experience in a production environment and at least 1 year of leading a small team or mentoring 2+ Engineers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape the future of an ambitious and expanding start-up who are moving into an exciting and critical period in their journey to revolutionise a global market.
* Personally ship exceptional software; provide technical mentorship and structure so that engineers can also do this
* Work closely with the CEO to plan, prioritise and estimate technical initiatives and product features
* 70% of time writing code; 30% of time managing
* Primarily office based in London - they can offer hybrid with 2 days per week from home
* Experienced Software Engineer with experience of React, TypeScript and Next.js
* 4 years' experience in a production environment
* At least 1 year of leading a small team or mentoring 2+ Engineers
* Outcome driven, with the ability to lead and mentor and influence technical strategy as well as organise individuals and teams within existing sprint framework
* Highly productive and solution-focussed individual who has the ability to work autonomously
* Able to influence both engineering teams and executive teams to advocate for the right technical decisions and priorities
Or check similar jobs