National Grid (LSE: NG; NYSE: NGG) is an electricity, natural gas, and clean energy delivery company that supplies the energy for more than 20 million people through its networks in New York, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. It is the largest distributor of natural gas in the Northeast. National Grid also operates the systems that deliver gas and electricity across Great Britain.
Apply on Partner Site
National Grid is transforming its electricity and natural gas networks to support the 21st century digital economy with smarter, cleaner, and more resilient energy solutions. Read more about the innovative projects happening across our footprint in The Democratization of Energy, an eBook written by National Grid’s US president, Dean Seavers.
For more information please visit our website. You can also follow us on Twitter, watch us on YouTube, friend us on Facebook, find our photos on Instagram
Lead Asset Modelling Analyst – Hybrid Remote (Warwick) - £45,030 – 56,979
It’s all about risk vs reward. Every decision you make. Should you upgrade this substation? Should you apply for this job? Should you even continue reading this ad? Every time you decide something, you’re engaging all sorts of levers in your brain. Logic receptors and synapses fire away and make calculations until you come to a conclusion. It’s a complex system, but as an Asset Modelling Analyst, you’ll take it even further.
The assets, from gas pipes to compressor stations and everything in between, have a constant programme of works. From regular maintenance to key upgrades, the system is always improving. To decide what happens next, you’ll utilise a complex series of mathematical models. Like Logic receptors and synapses, in mathematical form. Sometimes you’ll need to maintain or improve these models to fit changing requirements, sometimes you may even need to create new models.
You’ll need some background in asset management, and while you don’t need to be a software developer, you’ll need some appreciation for scripting languages.
If this sounds like you, peek at the perks below:
• Annual performance bonus of up to 6% of your salary.
• 25 days holiday (increasing to 26 days following 2 years of employment) plus 8 statutory days - option available to buy extra holiday days.
• A generous pension scheme where we double match your contribution up to 6% (maximum Company contribution of 12%) of your salary each month i.e. for every £1 you contribute, we'll put another £2 (you can contribute more un-matched if you want to).
• You will also have access to several other flexible benefits such as a salary sacrifice car and technology schemes.
• Access to employee support, care and assistance helplines.
• Access to Employer Matched charity giving.
The closing date is 19th August. Sometimes, if the number of applications becomes overwhelming, I’ll close the advert earlier than this date, so please don’t wait around.
Join our journey as we lead the transition away from natural gas towards Hydrogen and other sources of clean energy. Apply below.
I’ll respond to every single application.
Or check similar jobs