Job Title: Support Worker
Apply on Partner Site
Location: Brent Refuge- Complex Needs
Reporting to: Service Manager
Contract: Temp on going
Hours: 4 Nights per week
The Role: Key Responsibilities
• Act as first point of contact for female service users with Complex Needs, ensuring a welcoming environment.
• Answer out of hours phone calls from community houses within the project aiding report any emergency related health and safety /security concerns to on call manager, and file a report to the day team, as well as contact any emergency services they may require.
• To provide first contact advice to service users in crisis and to contact the on-call manager if appropriate.
• Maintain communal areas to ensure a safe and secure environment for service users and staff.
• Ensure the security of the building through monitoring alarm system, CCTV and patrols of communal areas, entrances and exits.
• Manage any potential emergency situations, acting at the event of a fire or other possible serious incident. Being responsible for informing emergency services and on call manager.
• Provide handover notes to day staff on any incidents or concerns with service users.
• Ensure smooth running of the service, support duties to keep the communal areas clean and tidy, organise and store any cleaning deliveries, encourage service users to follow the rules of the building.
• To access on call management support as appropriate to manage situations as they arise.
• Treat service users with dignity and respect in a calm and objective way, especially when dealing with difficult or problematic situations.
Key Skills: Person Specification
• Experience in providing positive customer service
• Ability to monitor and maintain the safety and security of the service.
• A good understanding of Health & Safety.
• Ability to maintain accurate reports, including reporting on maintenance and repairs, keeping a visitor’s log.
• Ability to follow procedure.
• Experience of working with people with mental health needs is desirable.
• Knowledge of safeguarding issues and ability to act on identified concerns, reporting this today staff, and or using our out of hours phone line in case of a serious incident.
• Manage a signposting directory to relevant support contacts and out of hours services
Or check similar jobs