At AND-E we’re no ordinary company.
Apply on Partner Site
With a vision to lead the way in connected mobility protection, our community is not only part of one of the world’s largest insurers, MS&AD group, with multiple brands in our own right, but we’re also hard wired into Toyota’s ambitions to build a happy and sustainable society in the UK and Europe.
We are Aioi Nissay Dowa Europe, the European arm of Asia’s largest insurers MS & AD Group. You may have heard of Insure the Box, Drive like a Girl, Toyota Insurance Services and Lexus Insurance Services. That’s us!
What's in it for you?
Do you want choice, flexibility, balance in your home & work life and great career opportunities? Hybrid working?
Would you like to work for an employer who is nationally recognised for employee health & well-being?
Would you like discounted car insurance, restaurant discounts, cycle to work scheme and many more benefits?
If you answered 'yes' to the above, we are the company for you!
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Risk & Compliance (UK), the role is responsible for leading the development, maintenance and embedding of AND-E UK’s risk management framework, and the planning and execution of AND-E UK’s risk assurance program. Working with colleagues across the ANDEL Group, Senior Risk Managers in the UK will take a leading role in ensuring the coherence of group-wide risk frameworks and risk response.
·Maintain personal and team knowledge of relevant regulations and best practice with regard to the System of Governance requirements, highlighting developments that may affect the ongoing compliance and effectiveness of AND-E UK’s risk framework and advising the business appropriately.
·Based upon company risk profiling, agree with the Director of Risk & Compliance (UK) an appropriate programme of risk assurance activity for AND-E UK. Implement and report results to the business, the Director of Risk & Compliance and the Governance Committees as required. Coordinate risk assurance work with UK compliance, Group Internal audit and with risk management & compliance colleagues across the group.
·Take a leading role in working with colleagues across the ANDEL group, to ensure coherence of risk frameworks and the efficiency and effectiveness of group-wide risk response, e.g. AML / CFT, cyber security, financial crime, regulatory risk.
·In collaboration with the UK Underwriting, Actuarial and Finance teams, perform risk analysis to support and inform business planning processes and the evaluation of new business opportunities.
·Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Group Actuarial team, developing a good understanding of ANDEL Group’s and the parent company (ADJ) Capital Modelling requirements and reporting processes. Lead the development and execution of Capital Model validation plans and reports.
·Ensure that Risk Management concepts are well understood throughout the UK business; identify gaps in knowledge and provide (or facilitate) provision of additional support, guidance or formal training as necessary.
·Assist senior management to discharge their responsibilities effectively with regard to risk management. Leading work with the UK executive management to identify, assess and monitor top risk exposures and associated risk responses relative to business objectives.
·Assist business line managers in fulfilling their risk management responsibilities; this includes provision of effective challenge and feedback to Heads of Department with regard to the identification, assessment and mitigation of risks within their area.
·Provide analysis and management information to inform the Director of Risk & Compliance, reporting to and attending relevant governance meetings, the UK Board and the UK Executive Committee of the strength of AND-E UK’s control environment and any required actions.
·Work with the business in identifying emerging risks (> 1 year horizon); highlight the emerging risks to the UK Board and agree any associated risk response or investigation.
·Lead and coordinate the timely and accurate production of the required ORSA reports (Solo reports for AND-E UK, ANDIE SE, plus the Group basis for ANDEL). For review by the Risk Modelling Committee, Group Risk Assurance Committee and signoff by the relevant Board.
·Liaise with Regulatory Reporting Managers to ensure the accuracy of information in regulatory submissions pertaining to ANDEL’s ’s Risk Management Framework and current Risk Profile ; for example the AND-E UK SFCR and RSR.
Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a centralised risk management function or similar environment
• In depth knowledge of risk management frameworks and risk & control assessment processes
• Experienced in carrying out risk assurance visits and presenting associated findings
• Good understanding of ORSA / Solvency regulations; Good knowledge of relevant UK Financial Services regulation and legislation
• Well-developed analytical and report writing and presentation skills
• Good communication and listening skills
• Sound interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Professional qualification in risk management, accountancy, or audit (CII, ACCA, CISI, IRM or equivalent recognised degree level qualification)
• Specialist knowledge of risk responses for one or more key risk areas: cyber security, data protection, financial crime / fraud, regulatory risk, insurance risks
• Experience of applying formal risk modelling techniques
• Experience of developing scenarios and carrying out stress / reverse stress tests
• Experience gained within the insurance industry, specifically general insurance
• Experience of executing capital model validation processes
• Knowledge of the structure and purpose of risk based Internal Audit programmes
• Experience of governance across geographically dispersed operations
• Track record of leading and delivering risk management programmes across a diverse user base
• Understanding of the wider European regulatory environment
• Knowledge of the configuration, deployment and support of Risk Management applications. Accelerate GRC from RiskLogix is currently in use.
We care about our colleagues and their well-being and we have been nationally recognised for this. Apart from the competitive salary, we also have fantastic benefits. Focusing on colleague’s health, wealth and lifestyle. We like to think our benefits package is one of the best around!
* Healthcare cash plan offers money back on everyday health-related expenses
* Employee Assistance programme
* Flu Jab Voucher is offered during the flu season to protect against the unpredictable flu virus
* Dr Care anywhere – Virtual GP online service with appointments available 365 days of the year
* Pension Advisory Service non-advised surgeries to support in the planning of retirement
* Enhanced Family friendly policy
* Safe driving scheme offers access to online learning and driving lessons for colleagues and spouses and dependents
* Season ticket loan
* Cycle scheme - choose a bike, hire it for an agreed time then snap it up for a fraction of the cost
Aioi Nissay Dowa Europe is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics)
Or check similar jobs