Action For Children
Apply on Partner Site
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a residential worker to join the team at Action for children.
Job Role - Residential Worker
Action for Children protects and supports children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. To help us achieve this, the role will:
1. Take a lead with case/care planning management for individual children or young people, undertaking assessment of need, developing a care plan and identifying agreed outcomes and carrying out regular review in conjunction with children, young people and their families and other professionals.
2. Lead and work on shifts with accountability for service delivery, assessing and managing risks, deploying staff and resources accordingly while on the shift and to maintain personalised high quality care that is outcome focused for children and young people and apply agreed organisational procedures to ensure the safe care and management of children and young people in our care.
3. Supervise, guide or direct staff and volunteers where required and provide mentoring to newly appointed staff
4. Support children and young people in their personal care, administration of medication and clinical procedures in line with Action for Children's policy and procedures and regulatory requirements.
5. Build and maintain professional positive working relationships by providing emotional and social support to children and young people who can display challenging emotional and social difficulties.
6. Work within the community to assist the child / young person and their family, promoting communication and participation by ensuring that the views and needs of children/ young people are articulated, heard and responded to.
7. Consistently applying Action for Children's policy procedures and professional practice standards and in line with registration requirements.
8. Ensure all records, paper and electronic, are maintained and duly uploaded into the appropriate database.
9. Undertake assessment of children and young people co-ordinating multi agency and family information, analysing and producing reports; attendance at professional meetings including reviews, court work etc.
10. Refer appropriate cases and issues that require the involvement of a specialist, other management support or to directly provide the specialist support.
11. Develop effective working relationships with team members, partner agencies, other external agencies and Action for Children colleagues
Everyone who works at Action for Children should:
1.Demonstrate a commitment to Action for Children's defining statement, 'safe and happy childhood', and promote and incorporate Action for Children's Participation Standards as appropriate to your role.
2.Achieve the highest standards of safeguarding, whether through direct care provision or support activities to the children and young people who come into contact with our services, or by appropriately reporting concerns about any child or young person.
3.Promote our equality and diversity strategy locally, including linking with local equality and diversity frameworks to ensure best practice and to inform and develop appropriate action plans.
4.Demonstrate a willingness and ability to operate within a constantly changing environment and as such work priorities and targets may change.
5.Recognise that management reserves the right to make reasonable changes to the job purpose and accountabilities.
6.Undertake` such other duties that occasionally arise, which will always ensure that children across the country have a safe and happy childhood and the foundations they need to thrive.
£13.32 ph (umbrella rate)
3 Month Contract
Or check similar jobs