Locum Band 5 Neuro Occupational Therapist – West London
Apply on Partner Site
IMC Locums are the new age healthcare agency, we pride ourselves on delivering healthcare recruitment better.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a locum Occupational Therapist to join a leading teaching hospital, based in West London. They are seeking a qualified Therapist to work on a Neuro ward.
* To work within a teams of 2 other OT's, 3 physiotherapists and 2 rehabilitation assistants on a 17 bed inpatient neuro rehabilitation ward. Applicants are expected to:
* To have an understanding and prior experience working with Neurological conditions as band 5 or student.
* To assess and treat patients, addressing quality of life, physical, cognitive, affective, social and environmental issues either on an individual or a group basis, utilising a range of therapeutic skills in accordance with devised treatment plans, both in hospital and in the community.
* To prioritise factors involved in the Clients presenting condition through clinical reasoning based on knowledge of current professional opinion, Clients progress and other physical, social, emotional and mental health issues.
* To use a client centred approach and to set treatment goals that focus on the strengths and the needs of the patient/client.
* To ensure that the Client and/or their carer have an understanding of treatment protocols and to ensure that there is informed consent to examination and treatment as required by the Trust or Social Services.
* To devise and manage a treatment plan individual to a Clients presenting condition through, the use of functional rehabilitation, adaptation, equipment provision, education, health promotion and cognitive or psychological approaches.
* To contribute, as part of the multi-disciplinary team to the discharge planning process, to enable clients to be discharged safely, with the relevant Occupational Therapy intervention completed in a timely manner.
* Following discussion with a Senior, to use knowledge of other multidisciplinary roles and external agencies to ensure effective referral management and achieve best Client care.
* To prescribe, delegate and monitor the work of Rehabilitation Assistants/ OT Technicians or Support Workers and countersign documentation if required.
* To manage clinical risk in own caseload and ensure that therapy/rehabilitation assistants and students comply, e.g. manual handling, risk assessment and local policy regarding lone working.
* HCPC Registered
* Minimum of 6 Months postgraduate experience
* Previous clinical experience performing a similar role within a Neuro setting.
Benefits of Working of IMC
* Highly competitive rates of pay
* FREE fast track registration
* Exclusive contracts available
* CPD annual contribution
To apply, please put your details forward for this job directly or call and speak to one of our dedicated members of staff who are happy to take your call.
Also refer your friends or colleagues who are looking for better opportunities.
We would love to hear from you
Or check similar jobs